31 | first day of school

Today was I guess you would call an exciting time, but it was also a sad moment. Y/N and Keith's baby girl Delanee was finally starting kindergarten. Y/N was excited but she was curious with who she was going to talk to during the day. The boyfriend and girlfriend have a another baby, Nico, but he's only six months so he doesn't do that much talking.

Keith was dreading this day because his baby girl was growing up. Just yesterday he remembers holding her when she was just born in the hospital and now she's going to kindergarten.

The father was in the bathroom doing his babygirl's hair as her mother was tending to her little brother.

" Are you excited for school today?"

" Yes."

" Are you going to make new friends today?"

" Of course daddy I'm a likable person."

Keith shakes his head putting the finishing touches on her baby hairs after pulling her hair into a slick ponytail.

Y/N enters the room smiling at how good of a job her boyfriend did.

" Babygirl your hair looks very beautiful."

" Thank you, my daddy got skills."

Y/N knew that Delanee's teacher was going to love her, like how could you not. She grabs her daughter's backpack and lunch box placing them in the car so they didn't have to worry about it. Placing Nico in his car seat, Keith comes down along with Delanee on his shoulders. He takes his phone out taking a few pictures of his daughter to send to his parents, siblings, and other family relatives.

" Awe daddy's baby looks so pretty. You ready to go?"

" Yeah!"

The family all hop into the jeep to make their way to the neighborhood elementary school.

• • •

The family walk through the entrance of the school as they were being greeted by teachers and other staff. Keith held Nico in one arm as he held Delanee's hand in the other. They stop in front of her classroom and were about to walk in until Delanee stops them.

" I don't need to get walked in."

" What? You don't want daddy to walk you in?"

" Yeah."

" Are you sure?"

" Yeah."

" Positive?"

" Yes daddy. I'll see you, momma, and Nick later."

She runs off into the classroom talking to all her friends from pre-k and just acted like everything was normal. Y/N lightly grabs Keith's arm seeing his eyes tear up a little bit.

" Awe baby its going to be okay."

They exit the school and Y/N hops into the drivers seat this time. It was silent until she heard Keith sniffling and crying...hard.

His lik quivered as he wipe the tears with the back if his hand but they kept falling.

" She didn't even want me to walk inside, that's my baby my first born man."

All Y/N could do was rub his back and let him release his emotions.

" I can't even go to work late now I'm a fucking wreck ", he laughs using his shirt to wipe his face.

" On my PTO sheet for my reason for taking off this day, I said my babygirl starting kindergarten. My supervisor knew how that's like and approved it the same day."

" Baby its going to be ok."

" You say that but you are going to be in my shoes once Nico starts kindergarten, I'm going to be a mess too lord Jesus I can't."

Y/N starts the car driving back to the house as Keith cried again.

• • •

" Daddy!"

" Baby girl I missed you so much."

Keith notice that the sleek ponytail he did this morning was all over the place and sweated out.

" Was recess fun?"

" Yeah daddy I love school so much."

" You say that now wait till you get into high school."

" Why what happens?"

" Let's not worry about that."

Keith kiss her cheek multiple times walking towards the car so they can go home.