Chapter 23

"I feel guilt, I feel guilt.
Though I know I've done no wrong,
I feel guilt, I feel guilt."

***

Finally one normal day in this hellhole of different events known as life.

At least that's what I hope it is.

In the morning, I wake up alone for the first time in a week as Zayn would stay over after walking me to my house. Is it bad if I say I enjoy waking up alone..? Well in my defense now I don't have to act all sophisticated. 

I roll out of the bed and make my way to the kitchen to make myself some coffee. I'm barefooted in the kitchen when I hear the back door creak open. It's a bit odd since it's always locked..

I grab a frying pan and turn around to see a figure standing in front of the back door.

I'm about to scream my lungs out and launch on him when he turns to face me and I stop in my tracks as I recognize the bright blue eyes and the thick British accent.

"Oh God, I fookin' tried to not make a sound. Oh well, now that you've already seen-" he shrugs and continues, "Hi love!.. What? Oh don't tell me you forgot who I am!?"

I break out of my trance and open my mouth to say something but no words come out and I shut it again.

"I-I-I. Lou- W-what the hell are you doing here..?", I whisper more to myself.

"Oh come on, It's been months Liz! I at least deserve a hug for coming all the way here!" he says and opens his arms as he motions for me to come towards him.

That's when my brains catches up and I let out a high pitched scream as I drop the pan and run towards him.

I hug him like my life depends on it.

"Ahh! I missed you! I missed you! I missed you so damn much!", I let go and put my hands on his face. "How have you been? Oh my God I can't believe you're here! Wait is it really you!?", I pinch his nose and he pulls my hands away.

"Ouch- Yes obviously it's me! I missed you too. Well the most important day of the year is coming up, so I had to do something," he says as he rolls his eyes.

"What?"

"Your damn birthday's tomorrow, dumbo."

"Oh....Oh shit!" 

He makes a confused face and I explain, "Well, you see I kinda had a breakfast date today..."

"Oh with that Zayn guy?"

"How the hell on Earth do you even know about him?" 

I furrow my eyebrows at him and he says, "Let's just say that I've been keeping tabs on ya," he laughs.

I squints my eyes, "Who told you? Niall!? Yep, it has to be him! Ohhh is that what he was hiding for like a month now? Don't tell me he knew you were coming!"

It all makes sense now. Niall acting all suspicious whenever Louis was mentioned and Louis having the key to my back door. That bitchass stole it!

"Umm yeah well... kinda.. okay yes. He did know and he was the one to tell me. And he got me the key of the back door.. you weren't even supposed to be up- Ok just try not kill the poor guy."

"Okay... well make yourself at home, which I know you will. There's a guest room upstairs. Make sure you don't end up crashing in the one where Christina lives part time."

"Okay. I'm gonna go get fresh and then we can leave." he says and turns to walk out of the kitchen.

"Wait what?"

In the shadows.  (H.S)    [A.U]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara