Chapter 26

A SLIGHT TRIGGER WARNING.
Buckle up, it's a long and messed up one!

-_-_-_-

"Now where's your picket fence love?
You never seemed so tense love.
I've never seen you fall so hard.
Do who know where you are?"

***

I slide down the wall in shock, still trying to process what just happened.

What just happened?

I'm taking deep breaths as my eyes keep blurring with tears. It feels like I lost; I lost my fight against him. He got what he wanted.. He wanted to see me in this position. Helpless and hopeless. And here I am in the exact same position.

All I want to ask him is,

Is he happy now?

I close my eyes as flashbacks of today make their way into my mind's eye.

Today started as a normal day, with having a breakfast with the group which Liam decided to cook as Louis would most probably burn the house down. The whole breakfast consisted of never ending bickering back and forth which I had missed so much. All of them spent half of the day at my house doing nothing in particular. 

Zayn had planned a dinner date for my birthday, so I was looking for that. Around 4 pm I came out of the shower to see that I was all alone once again. I walked into the kitchen to see a note on the fridge with awful handwriting on it. It was obviously from Louis.

"Me and Chris are off to the mall. Li is with Niall, God knows where.
I'll spend the night at Chris' place and Liam at Ni's.
Thought you would want the house to yourself after the date;
(If you know what I mean ;-P ) xoxo" 
-Lou.

I rolled my eyes at the note as I murmured, "asshole."

I was about to put the note away when I saw that it had something written on the back as well,

"Aaand don't call me an asshole!"

Oh wow. He saw this one coming I guess.

I decided to sing my heart out as I got ready for the date. I had to put some effort into it as I really wanted to look good. I wore the dress which Niall had already picked out for me. He already knew that I would be too confused to pick one myself.

I had texted Zayn in the morning, I wanted to find out if he believed my story or not somehow. But I never got a reply. After getting ready, I decided to text him again to ask where he was.

Again, no reply.

Weird... 

We were running late for our reservations at the restaurant, so I texted him that he didn't have to pick me up and that I would meet him outside the restaurant.

I got an uber and stood outside the restaurant for about ten minutes. He had read my last text but hadn't reply. I assumed that maybe he was on his way.

I went inside and thought that it would be best to wait at the table.

I texted him after a few minutes only to get no reply. I was getting annoyed as the time passed. I called him but he wouldn't pick up his phone. The waiter kept asking if I was ready to order from time to time. After spending half an hour siting there, waiting for him, my mobile vibrated and I unlocked it to check his reply,