Chapter 10

Well I'd rather see you dead,
Little girl,
Than to be with another man.

***

On our way back home, Niall and Christina decided to go watch a movie. But after seeing him, I just want to get him out of my mind and sleep. After a few minutes of begging, they decided to drop me off at my house. The ride home was full of Christina giving me a lecture on how Zayn actually likes me and that's the reason he asked for my number and of course, Niall's laughter. I have a feeling that Christina might be right but however, I don't want to get my hopes up.

After bickering back and forth with her, we finally reached my house. They dropped me off and left in a matter of seconds. I unlock my front door and walk inside. I walk straight to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

As I'm drinking it, I hear the sound of my front door opening.

What the fuck? Oh my God. I forgot to lock it.

I hold on to the glass of water as if my life depends on it and make my way out of the kitchen. I peek from the corner and the front door is shut and there's no one around. I let out a sigh of relief but as I'm about to lock the door I realize that it's already locked.

Wait what...?

I decide to go back to my kitchen, slightly suspicious. But as I enter the kitchen, I hear a sound coming from the hall again. 

I still have the glass in my hand, still holding onto it as if my life depends on it. I peek my head around the corner, searching for something to move, hoping against hope it's not him. Still no one. I furrow my eyebrows.

Fucking strange...

Just as I am at the edge of relief, I hear the same husky voice over my shoulder.

"Looking for someone, love?"

My hands become lifeless and I drop the glass of water instantly. I get startled and I jump back but unknowingly my back hits against his chest. His arm wraps around me and pulls me backwards.

"Be careful. You're going to hurt yourself."

My attention goes straight to the glass that's now shattered on the floor.

"Dude, what's up with me ending up breaking glasses whenever you're near!?" I mutter to myself, as I free myself from his grip. But he hears it and starts chuckling.

I turn to face him.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?"

"Calm down. You're in a big trouble already," his demeanor changes completely.

"What do you even fucking mean?" I ask knowing very well what he's talking about.

"Does the name Zayn Malik ring any bells?" he takes a step forward and I take a step backwards instinctively.

"Nope."

"Lying won't help, Elizabeth," his voice becoming even more horrific by the second.

"I don't even know what you want! Get out of my house or I'll call the police."