Chapter 18

"It's good to see you,
so good to see you.
Oh, how I've missed you
since I've been gone.
It's good to see you,
to be in your home."

***

For the past five minutes I have been standing at the same spot, trying to figure out what I should do. Should I just rush inside? Or ask him what he wants now? Or call Zayn? I think he lives nearby. 

But yet again, I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating or not.

You know what? It can't be true. It's probably my mind fucking me up. Last time I saw him, he was at the window the night after my last night terror. And he shows up again right after another one.

So, yup. Totally my brain fucking with me.

As I'm standing here, I take a mental note to book an appointment to see a therapist as soon as possible. 

In that exact moment, he turns to look at his side and he sees me standing there a few feet away from him and he gives me that same devilish smile. 

Okayyy sir, nice to see you but time to head inside now. 

Move Elizabeth!

I just look at him and without saying a word I rush towards the driveway and start unlocking my door as I look back to check if he has followed me. To my surprise, he is standing at the same spot, with his hand in the pockets of the black long coat which he is wearing. 

Which makes him look like the angel of death to be honest.

 He has an amused look on his face as he watches me struggle with opening the door. He really has the nerve to find this all funny? It feels like he's a predator watching his prey struggle just before he lunges forward and takes it's life. 

I'm finally able to unlock it and I rush inside. Just as I'm about to shut it, I catch another glimpse of him. He is standing just a few steps away from me now. 

So, he finally decided to lunge forward now?
Oh hell no!

I shut the door immediately. I drop my bag on the floor as I rush towards the kitchen. I knew this day would come. I fucking knew it. My past won't let go of me that fucking easily. 

I open the top cabinet as I stand on my tip toes to reach the bottle of the medication which I'm in a desperate need of.

When I moved here I brought some of the medication which I was prescribed in the past for my hallucinations. I kept them because I felt like at some point, I would need them again. Life ain't that easy. You can't get rid of your past that easily. So, I decided to keep them in the top cabinet where I can barely reach them. 

Kinda regret doing that at the moment.

My hand finally touches something and I'm pretty sure it's the orange colored bottle. I grab it instantly. My hands are shaking as I try to open it. Just as I open the cap, I hear the front door creak open. 

Fuck, did I just forget to lock the God damn door? 

A shiver runs down my spine and without even noticing, the bottle of pills slips from my hand and drops to the floor, all the pills spilling out of it.