Chapter 27

"When you see my face,
Hope it gives you hell.
When you walk my way,
Hope it gives you hell."

***

The next morning I wake up with a severe headache and puffy eyes from all the crying. I barely got any sleep last night. After Harry left, I stumbled my way inside and broke down again. I kept repeating what happened in my mind. 

I finally gather the courage to get up make my way to the bathroom around noon. I look at myself in the mirror and no doubt I look like a mess. I can't help but keep thinking about the fact that Zayn was so close to hitting me.. but thank god he didn't leave bruises like Harry did.. I'm not good at covering them up so Louis would find out even if no one else would. And I'm not planning on telling Louis and Liam about the break up shit which occurred last night anytime soon.

Was that even considered a break up?

Who am I even kidding? The guy was literally so close to killing me. Of course it was!

Maybe I should try to tell him my side of the story..? Even though I don't expect him to come back to me.. But what do I have to lose? It's worth a shot. 

Against my better judgement, I put on a Niall's hoodie which I found on the couch and make my way out of the house later in the day. I start walking towards Zayn's house and on my way there, Harry's words keep repeating in my head,

"Nevertheless, we both hurt each other. Yet, I'm the one to keep my expressions hard."

What did he even mean by that? When did I hurt him?

He was the one to hurt me physically at first and now emotionally. How is he even in the position of saying we both hurt each other!? It isn't even fair!

How can you even hurt a fucking psychopath who has left you completely helpless? I mean, I can't even go to the police, neither can I talk to my friends about him due to the fear that he might hurt them. I can handle all of the torture this guy plans on putting me through but I can't even handle the thought of him causing any harm to my friends. God knows what this guy is capable of.

Sometimes I just want to go up to them and be like, "Hey guys, there is an actual psychopath stalking me! Fucked up, right? Tell me about it. And he claims that I belong to him as if I'm some God damn property!"

Thinking about how Harry keeps repeating, "You're mine." all the time makes me question, is that how I hurt him..? He thinks that I actually belong to him and he lowkey considers us a thing? What in the actual fuck?

He really got hurt over my relationship with Zayn that he took revenge like this?

What has my life even turn into?

I'm so lost inside my head that I don't even know when I reach in front of Zayn's house. I just hope that he opens the door after seeing that it's me. He doesn't even have a housemate who would let me in if he doesn't.

I make my way to the porch of his house and ring the bell. After a few minutes, the door finally opens and I can't help but feel my heart break as my eyes widen at the sight in front of me.

There stand a blonde haired girl in just Zayn's shirt which he was wearing last night. She stares me up and down in confusion before asking me who I am.

Please tell me he did not just..

I clear my throat and try to sound as strong as possible, "Uh- is Zayn here?"