Chapter 16

"This is a tricky situation.
I've only got myself to blame.
It's just a simple fact of life.
It can happen to anyone.."

***

It's been two days since I told Niall and Christina about Zayn. I had to cancel on them for lunch today as Zayn had asked me to join him for lunch. We decided on going to a different café, a bit far from the campus.

After our classes, we make our way to the parking lot. I'm confused as I am seeing that his motorcycle is not there. Looking at my facial expressions, he explains that had decided to take his car today.

"I didn't know that you had both.. Your father spoiled you a bit too much don't you think?" I tease and raise my eyebrows at him.

"Yup, he did. He bought me the car first but then when he saw that I was interested in motorcycles a bit too much and was investing in buying one, he got me that on my birthday this year," he shrugs.

"So weren't you happy about it? You didn't have to save up for it."

"Yeah, well I mean I'm not complaining, but you see, all my life I have been handed things by my father as he is a successful business man and all. So, for once, I wanted to buy something that I loved or desired and not to be reminded that it was a wastage of his money or whatsoever. I like to be on my own now, since I have moved out," he explains.

"Aww that's actually really sweet of you. Being independent and all," I know that I sound like a mother who is proud of her son for learning how to ride a bicycle for the first time, but I don't care.

"Yup, I guess so," he says as he unlocks his car. He starts to back it out of the parking spot after we have settled and continues,

"But you know what's the advantage of having that motorcycle?"

"What?"

"Well, it goes along my 'bad boy' reputation," he mocks my words from the other day.

"Yeah yeah sure," I say sarcastically.

"I mean, you fell for it," he smirks.

"Well maybe because of that reputation but not because of you owning that thing. To be honest, I was terrified when I found out that you own one," I tell him and we both laugh.

On our way there we get fully immersed in the conversation. As we reach there, we choose to sit at the table outside as the weather is bearable today.

We're talking about different things as we eat our food. He asks me about my friend group and all. When I ask about his friends, he just says that he's going to introduce them to me soon. On asking how soon and if I should be worried, he told me that we're going to meet them in the next few days or so and that I have nothing to be worried about.

As we are talking, I have that strange feeling again. The feeling you get when someone is starring at you. The feeling of being watched... 

No. This can't be happening again. Especially not right now. 

Get your shit together!

I decide to just shrug it off. I have had enough of this. I'm done living with the fear of my past chasing me.

After finishing our meals, we decide to head back. I tell him to wait in the car as I use the restroom and he leaves. After using the restroom, I start making my way to the car. As I'm trying to look for Zayn's car, from the corner of my eye I see that someone awfully familiar is standing there against the wall of the cafe and I freeze. I don't want to feed my fears and turn to the side to look.

In the shadows.  (H.S)    [A.U]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें