Chapter 37

"All these secrets
you have been trying to hide,
How much longer do you think
 that you can hide?"

***

Secrets.

Everyone has them hidden deep inside of them. Some of them tell their close ones and get betrayed while others just tend to keep them to themselves. Either way, even if you tell your close ones your secrets, there are still some secrets that you keep to yourself. No matter how close you are to your friends or family, there are always things that you never tell them.

Either you're afraid of what they're going to think of you or you just don't want to share. All of us have secrets, it's just human nature.

 I'm sure Harry has way too many. And something in me is determined to expose them. It may be the curiosity in me that wants to get to know him and his past. I have been pushing this thought away for a few days now. 

They say curiosity killed the cat.

But then,

Satisfaction brought it back to life. 

It's really not good for me to sneak into someone's personal stuff but so is stalking someone and kidnapping them.

Yesterday, Harry was in his room and while cleaning the house I found out that there's an attic. I mean- obviously there is one in this old house but I never really thought about it. I was about to open the hatch and drag down the ladder but I was interrupted by Harry. 

He seemed like he was using all of his patience and trying to hide an unreadable emotion as much as he could while convincing me to not go there. But when I gave an excuse of cleaning it, he just told me to back off and that I wasn't allowed to go in there.

I asked him why after he cooled off, and he just answered vaguely that it didn't have anything important, just some old stuff of his grand parents. 

Something seemed sketchy as hell. I mean, if it's just some old stuff then why is he so determined to keep me away from it?
You know now I'm really wondering if my assumption about him being a serial killer and hiding his victims or some shit in this house turns out to be true..

Today though, I asked him if I could pick a book to read out of his book shelf in the lounge since he doesn't really read them and I get bored doing nothing. 

Being kidnapped and turned into a slave gets boring.

At first he was being rude and secretive but then he just hesitantly nodded and told me to pick out just one. But I was only allowed to when he was at the house. So now I have to wait till he comes back. Why is he acting like he has something hidden everywhere around the house?

It's literally just a bunch of books! Not like I was going to steal them!
Even if I did, where would I go after stealing them for fuck's sake!?

Now I'm sitting here, staring at the book shelf. I have tried moving it but obviously there's no damn way it can be moved. Therefore, no secret path which leads to a cave.

I'm considering to go into the attic since Harry just called and said he won't be back for an hour or two. I have already cooked and done the cleaning, so there isn't much to do. Why not go exploring the attic?

I get up from the sofa and make my way towards the upper story, to the attic-hatch. After a moment of staring at it, I decide to get it over with and pull the hatch open and climb up the old creaky ladder. It's pitch black inside so it takes me a moment to try and find the bulb. After turning it on, I look around. It looks dusty and boring. I don't really know what I was expecting but it just turns out to be a normal attic.