Chapter 22

"At this moment,
I'm just waiting.
Waiting for someone to wake me up 
and tell me that it was all a dream."

***

I'm just standing there and staring at him.

I can't move.

It feels like my whole body has gone numb.

So, I'm just standing there and staring at the psychopath who's smirk just won't seem to go away.

For the first time, I look properly at his eyes; an intense shade of pale moss, the magnetic pull of them causing the words to lodge in my throat.

It's like my drunk state has been washed away all of the sudden.

I have to forcefully pull my eyes away from him and look towards the ground in order to form some words. 

After putting much effort and getting my last two brain cells to work, I finally form some words in order to get myself away from him, "I'm g-gonna go f-find Zayn.."

Why am i even explaining myself to him?

"Sure," he says with an amused look on his face.

 I instantly push myself away from the wall and start to walk away.

Just as my back is to him and I take one step forward, I feel his hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back to him. My breath hitches at his action.

I can feel his breath on my neck as he brings his face close to my ear and whispers, "But make sure you don't tell him our little secret, love." 

I can only bring myself to nod weakly to his words. I feel sick to my stomach. I may faint right here if he doesn't let me go anytime soon.

His grip on my wrist tightens as he speaks, "Words, Eliza. Make sure to use them. After all we don't want our little secret to break and for you to face the consequences. Now do we, love?"

"I-I won't tell anyone. Just l-let me go." I just want to get away from him. I'd do anything to get away from him at this moment. Hell, I'd even offer my soul to the devil if I have to.

He chuckles lightly as he lets go of my wrist and whispers, "Run."

In my dizziness, I don't even care which way I'm walking, I'm just moving as fast as my legs would let me. I end up going the opposite way. I enter the restroom and rush to one of the stalls to throw up all the alcohol I had consumed earlier tonight. 

After a few minutes of trying to get myself back together, I search for my phone and text Niall to come and get me. With the amount of alcohol everyone has been drinking tonight except Harry, I think he is going to be the one driving. To have him drive me to my house is the last thing I want right now. 

Niall replies within a minute that he'll be here soon and that I should head out to the front after telling Zayn.

I make my way through the drunk crowd once again in order to find Zayn and his group of friends. I spot Michael's blue hair near the couches where he is standing as Zayn and others are sitting. 

I let out a breath of relief and start to make my way towards them. As I reach closer, all of the sudden it feels like I'm slowly suffocating as my gaze meets Harry's. 

I hate the way he is looking at me as he releases his bottom lip from his teeth and smiles.