Chapter 34

"What happens in the shadows,
No one has to know.
The truth is in the gallows.
It'll burn but won't let go."

***

HARRY'S POV:

Love. Obsession. Hatred. Anger. Danger. Damage.

All end up coming in the same category don't they?

First you fall in love. Slowly but surely it turns into obsession. You become obsessed with every little thing related to the person you fall in love with. It doesn't even matter if they love you back or not. At least not to me.

Obsession leads to hatred. Hatred comes when the person you love is related to other people. You start to hate the people they love because they never give you the same love that they give to others. Hatred can always be ignored, but that doesn't stop it from growing, now does it?

The anger eventually turns into danger. You turn into a danger to those people. That's the part I like. But the part I love is damage. Damage is caused when the level of danger exceeds it's limits.

That's the part where I am. I have caused damage. And I'm realizing that as I stand here, with a gun in my hand, watching Elizabeth holding Niall as his blood ruins the floor of my house.

Should've broken his neck or something. At least there wouldn't be blood to get rid of.

"Do something! He's going to bleed out!" Eliza yells at me.

Well isn't that the whole point of shooting him? I already played my part.

I'm not sure how it happened but as far as I remember, Elizabeth was acting all strong and standing in front of Niall. I guess he pushed her out of the way. Oh well it doesn't matter, not like I was planning on shooting her even though it was a really close call.

But I was planning on blowing his brains out.! But, it doesn't matter anymore. He gets to suffer more this way.

That's what you get when try to take away what's mine.

I stand there watch Eliza scream and cry as Niall slowly gives up his ghost. I watch her intently as she still keeps mourning over his lifeless body. Wonder why I didn't feel a single thing.. Guess I'm just used to it.?

I don't know what to do except to just stand there. I want to step forward and take her away from his body so that I can clean the floor before the blood dries but then I also feel like it's a huge trauma for her to face so I should probably give her some space and let her mourn his death.

A small part of me wants to take her in my arms and try to comfort her. To tell her that it will be okay. To tell her that she's going to get over it eventually. But I wipe that thought from my brain as soon as it comes. I guess I had that thought because it's basic human nature to comfort someone who's hurt. And by looking at her, you can see that she's not only hurt, she feels like she is getting her insides ripped out.

But then she also has to come around the fact that she is the one who's responsible for his death.

I want to tell her these words so bad but I know that this isn't the best time to break it to her.

After letting her sit in the same spot for two hours, I finally decide to pull her away from his body. She's probably physically numb by now. But If I try to step closer, she's going to hate me more if that's even possible. But then do I really care? Nope.