Chapter 17

"If I could then I would,
I'll go wherever you go.
Way up high or down low,
I'll go wherever you go."

***

I open my eyes. I'm still in the bath tub. I don't even know when fell asleep. I move to get up but I completely freeze in my tracks as my breathe hitches in my throat when I see him sitting at the edge of the tub.

Alex...

"Oh, you finally woke up. Wakey wakey! how was your nap?" he asks with a huge grin on his face.

"H-how-What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you, Eliza. How have you been doing lately?" he asks with a knowing tone in his voice.

"No. T-This is so not happening. You aren't real and I'm fully a-aware of it," I say with my voice trembling and I internally curse myself at the sound of my voice. 

He starts laughing. What?

"Oh, Eliza. My sweet little Eliza," he tuts as he moves towards me. I try to get away from him as much as I can but it just doesn't seem like enough. I feel trapped in a cage with him.

"Stop calling me that name," I muster up all of the courage I have and say sternly but my voice betrays me as it trembles which makes him smile. The smile which has haunted me for years in my past.

"Hey, it's okay. It's just me. What's wrong?" he says the exact same words which Zayn had said to me when he accidentally startled me today and that scares me further. It feels like he knows that. 

But instead of cupping my face like Zayn, he moves forward and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear as my breathe hitches and I turn my face away from him.

"Get away from me! Why don't you just leave me alone!? What do you want from me!?" I yell at him as I try to push him away. I don't even notice the tears falling from my eyes until they reach my cheeks.

"You see, Eliza, It's not me anymore," he strokes my cheek and I flinch. "I don't want anything from you. It's him now. He wants you. And trust me, he gets anything he wants," with that, he smirks.

"W-who?" I stutter.

The next thing which happens feels like the time slows down and all I can hear is my heart beating loudly in my chest.

Alex's dark brown eyes turn into that pretty shade of emerald green which haunts me, his facial structure changes. I watch him morph into Harry. My eyes are wide and I gasp. I stop breathing completely, it feels like all the air has been knocked out of my lungs.

It's Harry now.. How is that even possible?

He tilts his head slightly gives me a lopsided grin.

"No..," is all I can mutter before he moves forward to grab me.

***

I jolt as I open my eyes. I can't breathe.
I gasp for air.
The water is filling up my lungs. I'm under the water and I'm still in the bath tub.