Chapter 4

Elizabeth's POV:

"There's always something in the shadows, staring at you. You weren't imagining stuff."

These words keep repeating in my head. I don't even know for how long I have been standing here. I can't seem to move. That guy just disappeared into the darkness after saying these words. 

These damn words have raised so many questions in my mind. Does that mean that I wasn't hallucinating? I wasn't imagining stuff? It was all real? It wasn't a figment of my stupid imagination? Someone has actually been following me? There was something in the shadows all along!? or should i say there is  something in the shadows, that guy..?

Most importantly, what does he want from me?

I don't even know what to think right now! What do I do? Who should I go to?
Niall? No, I know that he'll get even more worried than I am and it would make the matter worse. Should I go to the police? I'm not sure.. Christina! I should go to her before he shows up again.

I start to run. I keep running for what feels like hours but in reality, is just a few minutes. I'm totally breathless. For once in my life I couldn't be more glad about Christina's apartment being on a walking distance.

Finally, I reach her apartment and start banging on the door. "Calm down! I'm coming!", I hear her yell but that doesn't stop me from banging at her door. She finally opens the door saying, "Calm down! What, is your ass on fir-", her eyes suddenly go wide before she can finish her sentence as she takes in the image in front of her. 

"OH MY GOD LIZ! ARE YOU OKAY!?", she asks and grabs both of my arms.

"I-I-I don't know..", I stutter as I'm out of breathe from all the running.

"Honey, what's wrong? Come. Come inside," she says as she walks inside of her apartment and I follow her.

 I sit down on the couch and she brings a glass of water for me. After a while I blurt out everything. Looking at her expressions now, it feels like I caught her off guard. She listens to me attentively. However I don't look towards her the whole time. When I'm done I look towards her and she has a strange expression on her face that I can't figure out. She stares at me for a few moments. It's like she's trying to figure out what to say. She opens her mouth to say something but then stops.

The next thing she says completely shocks me and for some reason disappoints me

"Liz..Are you hallucinating again?" she asks me with a sympathetic expression. What!? Are you seriously kidding me?

"Christina, are you being serious right now!?", I yell at her. "I literally got pinned to a wall by some guy and was told that I was in fact being stalked! What part of 'You aren't imagining stuff' do you not get?" I ask as I stand up from the couch and clench my fists.