Chapter 2

Elizabeth's POV:

As soon as I break the eye contact and look towards the clock, It's 10; my shift's over. 

Since he's taking his time in deciding, I turn towards my coworker, April. She's literally a ball of joy, she's always so happy that it sometimes get annoying. But what's wrong with having a little bit of positivity in life?

She looks at me and then at the clock. She turns to me and says, "Hey, you can go if you want to. I can take this." I swear this girl can read my mind. I quickly thank her. I leave the shop and start to walk towards my house. 

I start to get that weird vibe again.. The feeling you get as if you're being followed by someone or someone is standing in the shadows, staring at you... Well I should get used to it by now. It happens to me every night, but it's just a figment of our imagination. Nothing else. "Right? You sure about that?"  My stupid subconscious says to me. I swear if I could kill this bitch she would be six feet under the ground by now. 

I can't turn around to check this time. I can't let my fears take control over me and I should get used to this feeling by now, it's been 3 months since I moved to England and I walk alone near the woods to my house every single night.
Oh did i tell you that my house is near the woods? Creepy, i know right? Tell me about it. 

Well I like to be away from all the  traffic and noise. And it's a very beautiful place as long as you don't go there in the middle of the night. I decide not to turn around this time and not let my fear get to me. 

But I really feel like someone is following me this time. The sound of slow breaths that I'm not really sure is just mine. I should probably turn around to check now.. No I shouldn't! Can't let my fear get the best of me! I am not sure which fear though. The useless fear that's because of my brain's stupid imagination or the fear of turning around to see that it's true and not just my imagination. 

A shiver runs down my spine. Okay this isn't good. I start to walk a bit faster and soon I'm closer to my house. I take out my keys and unlock the door as fast as I can. I get inside and lock the door instantly. I run to the kitchen and grab a glass of water.

As I'm drinking it, I decide to look out the window to at least check and to prove my stupid brain wrong once again. I move the curtain from the window and the glass drops from my hands instantly. 

A layer of goosebumps covers my body and I feel as if I'm numb. The sound of my own breathing fills the deadly silence in the room. I can't move my eyes from the figure standing right in front of my house, looking directly towards me. It's a person. I can't look at the person's face as it is hidden by a hoodie.

I take a step back from my window and run upstairs to my room. I lock it and slide down the door. When my breathing slows down, I gather all of my courage and stand up. I walk towards the window of my room and look out of it. There's no one. Strange...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I know none of this makes sense at the moment,
but trust me it will come together soon.

-A.S.