The Hate U Give

6:04 AM

Kayla POV

When I awakened, everything was a blur. It smelled like sick ppl and it was bright as hell. My vision cleared, and I see I'm in a hospital gown with cords hanging from me. What the hell happened? I hope I didn't do anything stupid that led me here? Damn. As I look around, jayy comes walking through the door with flowers.

Me:" Baby, what happened to me? My body ache bad asf, did you bring me here?"

Jayy:" Kayla you had a seizure lastnight. I don't know how but you did. Doctors say they found Percocet in your system, but they tried to say you may have did it on purpose since you were at a party. Be honest did you?"

Me:" No baby no. On my life I never would do pills, like ever. All Ik is yesterday I had one of the guys pour up me a drink and I only had 2 cups. Then I smoked the rest of the night but that was it. WAIT"

Then it hit me. The person I asked to pour me up, didn't, he gave the cup to RYAN! Ryan must've slipped something in my drink. You can't just out the blew have a seizure for being drunk or smoking weed. I can't believe him.

Jayy:" Wait why you crying? What you know?"

Me:" Baby Ryan slipped the pills in my drink. I asked one of the guys to pour me some liquor, he wasn't near the bottle but Ryan was, so he asked Ryan to pour my drank. When he poured it I wasn't watching him, which is how he might've done it"

Jayy:" Bae that sound a little crazy. Ik y'all got y'all differences but slipping pills in mfs drink is a lil too far. Plus why would he do that, and risk it all including being suspended from our organization?"

Me:" Are you crazy rn? I have nothing to lie about Jay seriously. He's crazy enough to do some shit like this, but he just wasn't expecting for it to have me in the hospital. He wanted to embarrass me and have me go out sad"

Jayy:" I mean you were in a party right? Hella shit going on at once, while you drunk and high. Ain't no telling if you could've picked up somebody else drink during the process and they had some shit in there, who knows. But to blame that man just cause you don't like him no more is wrong bro. Mfs goin to jail over shit like this"

Me:" You know what fuck you and fuck this! I can't believe you sitting here taking his side, Ik wtf I remember. I wouldn't even lie about no shit like this because this is my life, and like you just said Mfs goin to jail over this. Yeah we might've bump heads, but ion wanna see that man in jail. You can ask my friends and my twin, they'll tell you the same thing"

*Twin Sister Walks In*

Kaiana:" Whats going on?"

Jayy:" How many drinks did Kayla have lastnight? And what all she did? Kayla don't you say shit!"

Me:" Oh I won't"

Kaiana:" Well, when I was around her, she only had 2 cups and that was it. She smoked, and then was dancing the rest of the night and then she passed out, that's when we took her upstairs and we were gonna stay wit her, but Ryan insisted that he stay instead"

Jayy:" So y'all left her upstairs wit him? Alone?"

Kaiana:" Yeah. Trust me we were gonna stay, but he kept telling us go have fun, he have everything under control"

Jayy:" So y'all didn't see her pick up no extra drink or do nothing else before she passed out?"

Kaiana:" No. she literally was everywhere we were, and we was sober enough to see wtf was going on."

Me:" Exactly told you. I promise it was him who slipped that shit in my drink. Jayy think about it, you wasn't at the party lastnight but I was. He hate that I'm with you, so he been having a grudge towards me. When opportunity came for him to do the slightest thing for me, he slips some shit in my drink. Can you picture that now?"

Jayy stormed out the room with this furious look on his face. I knew at that point it made sense to him, and that he wanted to kill Ryan ass. I didn't even try to stop him.......Doctors told me I need to lay off any drugs or alcohol for awhile, my body is really sensitive now and at any given moment something can happen.

I was released from the hospital and I'm back at my apartment. Majority of the time at the hospital, all my LS was there checking on me constantly. But now that I'm in the apartment alone, I become sad about everything that's going on. All this mess happening over me, because of me. I almost died this weekend, jayy and ryan are about to be at war more than before. Everybody in the party knew about my seizure, and now I'm all of a sudden labeled as a "pill popper" when I didn't even pop the pills. The president of my organization called me, making sure I was okay but also trying to clarify did I purposely pop the pill. If it was intentional, I could be suspended from my organization indefinitely. I wish this shit would be all over. I cried the whole night while plotting to get back at Ryan. Whatever jayy do to him, will never be enough for me. I looked in the mirror and I look a mess. I don't even look like the Kayla ppl were introduced to. I took out my weave and cleaned my face, showered while washing my hair, and so on. Then I randomly hear a knock at the door.

Me: Who is it

Unknown: KJ

KJ? What is he doing here. KJ is a sigma, he's layed back and the peace maker out of all D9. With us, you either Active or Quiet, KJ is the person who's in the middle.

Me: Hey wassup what you doin here?

KJ:" Hey, um I had asked one of your LS where you stayed and they told me here. But anyway, I need to talk to you about something"

Me:" Um sure c'mon in"

Me and him have a seat on the couch. From the look on his face, I can tell it was something I didn't want to hear.

KJ: Ite so Ik what happened and shit at the party you had a seizure and stuff. About that, you good now right?

Me: Yeah I'm straight

KJ: okay cool. Well ion want to drag the shit, so ima just tell you. One of my bro's was talking to one of the kappas, and he said that his LB was basically drunk talking and saying what he was getting into the night of the party. Pretty much confessing that he the one who put a pill in your drink-

Me: Yeah I already know that

KJ: that's not all tho. I guess you was left upstairs  wit him, and he was bout to try and rape you but you had to go to the bathroom and later had the seizure

Me: Wait WHAT?

KJ: Yeah. Ig a nigga he real close wit who not Greek, he told him the plan and he was goin have him fuck you after he was done. Knowing you was goin still be intoxicated and shit. His LBs never told him that he said all that, and haven't told jayy yet.

I started bawling tears. Never in my life, I have deserved to be done like this. What I did to him not even serious enough for all this. I immediately became pissed and didn't want to hear no more. It's either risk all my accomplishments and damn nea be in jail, or just report the issue to headquarters and the school. Ian no snitch tho, I wanted to handle shìt on my own time. Maybe I can just expose him at the next Greek event, in front of EVERYBODY. The hate you give ppl, will soon come back on you.