Struggling chapter 42.

EDITED
Paige's pov-

I sit anxiously waiting for Tina to walk out of the bathroom. I'm not even listening to my parents talking about who knows what. Finally, Tina walks out with a small smile on her face, but she is totally flushed. " Okay we're going upstairs now." I blurt out dragging Tina upstairs. I push her in my room, and I walk in behind her. I shut the door, and lock it looking at the red head on the ground with tears in her eyes.

I bend down next to her and pull her into a hug. "What's wrong babe?" I whisper.

"You know don't you?" She trembles pulling away from my hug.

"Depends on what you're talking about." I shrug petting her head.

"My eating disorder." She mutters covering her stomach. I sigh, and nod my head slowly.

Her eyes fill up with tears once again. "You can't tell anyone." She cries.

I grab her hand causing her too look me in the eyes. "Only if you promise to let me help you." I smile at her, so she can trust me. She stares at me probably thinking if it's safe to let me help her. "I've been to rehab, Tina trust me I can help." I giggle. She giggles along with me, and then nods her head as if saying I can help.

" Do you self harm?" I ask her.

"Uh..I burn myself." She mutters. I nod my head ,and pull Tina into a hug, and she starts to shake. I can tell she's crying now because I can feel the wetness from her tears on my shirt. I sit there holding my best friend as she breaks down. Her phone rings, and I already know that it's probably her mom calling. I watch Tina pull away from the hug, and grab her phone off the bed.

When she gets of the phone she tells me that her mom wants her home. " My dad can drive." I offer running down the stairs to go ask him. I run back upstairs after dad said she could drive her home, and tell Tina we can. Before we walk out the door mom stops us. My breath hitches. Did mom hear our conversation? "

Which one of you were crying?" Mom questions us. I look at Tina knowing that I'll have to take the blame.

"It was me. I was crying over how good Afterglow is." I mutter hoping mom will buy it. I see Tina out of the corner of my eye smiling at my lie. Mom nods, but eyes me as we walk out the door.

Dad and I get home from dropping off Tina and mom is sitting on the steps writing something down, probably a song.

"So since when did your crying sound like a Cuban?" Mom wonders setting down her notepad on the steps. I feel my heart drop into my stomach.

"Paige you can tell me anything." Mom says shooing dad away.

I roll my eyes, and pull away from my mom's grip on my shoulder. I suddenly feel angry. Why does mom even care? It's not like Tina crying will affect her. "She wasn't having a good day." I retort crossing my arms.

Mom raises her eyebrows. "Fine explain why the bathroom smelled like puke." Mom commands watching me carefully.

Can a bathroom even smell like puke? "Why does I matter?" I tilt my head placing a sarcastic smile on my face.

"Oh silly don't think Nick and I don't know that you're going back to your old ways." Mom states staring at me.

"You're kidding right?" I chuckle dryly in disgust. She really thinks I'm struggling again. I lower my head, and shake it. Disgusting. I look back up to see mom tapping her foot indicating she doesn't believe me. "You don't believe me? Seriously, that's sad that you don't trust me. Whatever I'm totally struggling again." I snap rolling my eyes once again. I start to head up the stairs, but mom steps in front of me. "What do you not believe me that I'm going to room. Do you think I'm going to sneak out?" I laugh sarcastically slightly pushing her out of my way.

"You know Paige you're sounding like a real bully." Mom says. I stop dead in my tracks, and turn around to face her. Now I'm really angry. I turn around and scream, "This house pisses me off!" Failing my arms in the air. Before I enter my room I hear mom scoff at me, and dad walk out of his room. And with that I slam the door shut, so they know I'm mad. Once the door is shut I slide down it, and sob out angry and sad tears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooooo sorry about all these late updates. I've been super busy lately and I'm thinking I'll start updating every Sunday again so y'all are guaranteed at least an update a week, and if I feel like it I'll update more often. But comment your thoughts and vote!

Twitter:@theherodemi