Challenge 1 chapter 24.

EDITED
Demi's pov-
It's been a month since the threatening rock was thrown into Paige's window. I don't think about it much, but Paige on the other hand is alert daily. She hates being alone, and it saddens me that some fool was messing around to scare us, and has probably scarred my daughter.

In a week Paige, Nick, and I will be leaving to go to Australia.

"Paige do you want to go shopping for some clothes?" I shout since Paige is locked away in her room, again.

I hear her footsteps come padding down the stairs, and she has Hollister shorts on, and a purple zip up sweater. Paige nods her head happily, and goes to put on her flip flops.

As I wait outside in the hot California weather I hear Paige scream. I try to run inside, but the screen door is locked, and I don't have keys for it. Wait. Nick's inside. My shaky hands pull out my phone and dial Nick's number.

"Nick!" I yelp into the phone.

"Demi a fire started in Paige's room and she burned her self badly. Call 9-1-1 okay? We're about to come out," and with that Nick hangs up the phone and kicks the doors open. In his arms he's cradling Paige. I look down at her legs, and see a giant burns all over them.

I hurriedly call 9-1-1, and they're here in 5 minutes. Luckily, they put out the fire before it could spread anywhere else in the house. Nick goes with Paige in the ambulance as I drive right behind them.

When we reach the hospital, Nick and I wait in the waiting room I notice a little note attached to my purse. I cock my eyebrow in confusion, and grab the note. I read the note, and it says:

"There's more where that came from"

I practically almost yelp when I read the note, and it ended up causing Nick to look at me. I blink away my tears, and hand Nick the note.

I watch Nick read it, and he immediately wraps his arms around me. "It's okay Dems. I promise," he whispers, trying to calm me down.

"Demi Lovato you can see your daughter now." The doctor states. Nick and I both get up, and follow the doctor to Paige's room.

When we walk in Paige is in a hospital gown laying on the bed with a panicked look on her face. Her leg is elevated and wrapped in bandages. I look at her, and feel guilt engulf me. "Paige!" I exclaim shuffling to the hospital bed.

I swear Paige jumped when I first said her name, but I shake it off, and hug my worried daughter.

"Is Nick okay?" She mumbles obviously worried about him.

A small smile grows on my face, and I nod. I look behind me to see Nick with his arms crossed against his chest, and looking down smiling.

Nick and I spend the night at the hospital with Paige because she's too afraid to go home. We haven't told Paige about the note yet since it'll freak her out even more, and since we're all leaving to Australia next week we'll just stay in a hotel since we all know we'll feel more safe.

2 days later they release Paige from the hospital, and we go straight to the hotel for safety precautions. Nick offered to go back to the house, and pack for our 2 week stay in Australia. He refused letting us go with him so when he left I called Joe to go with him.

"Paige," I mutter to the very tired girl sprawled across the sofa.

"Hmm," she groans lifting her head up to look at me.

"Don't forget I love you." I gush smiling at her.

A very small smile appears on her face and she replies, love evident in her voice. "I won't forget, mom."
--------------------------------------------
comment and vote!

Twitter:@theherodemi