Vma's chapter 34.

Paige's pov-
It's been 1 month since mom's and I's big fight. I go to a therapist weekly, and I have to take pills daily. It's a pain in the butt, but I don't care.

Mom's performing at the Vma's with dad, bet you can't guess what song? If you thought Avalanche you're wrong! They're actually performing Afterglow. It's such a beautiful song, and I love it so much.

Mom's around 1 month pregnant, and the Vma's are in less than a week. Only close family, and friends know about this pregnancy, and at the Vma's Dad is going to drop hints through out the show since he's the host this year.

When mom and dad told me the baby would be a girl, it was an estimate, but they were actually right. They told me that I could name the baby, and It actually stresses me out a lot.

Lately I've been having really bad mental breakdowns, or I just get really angry. I'm surprised mom and dad aren't annoyed with me by now, but it just truly shows how much that care.

"Paige!" Mom shouts from the main bathroom. I break out of my thought, and run to the bathroom.

"Yea ma?" I reply. I see my mom checking herself out in the mirror. She's wearing this elegant dress, a bright blue color. I'm practically in awe because of how beautiful she is.

"Does this make me look like I'm pregnant?" She questions me rubbing her hand over her baby bump.

"Kinda.." I murmur.

"Good" she exclaims, "Now get out so I could put back on my sweats and sweater."

I walk downstairs, and sit on the couch waiting for Dad and mom to come here. If none of us are busy on a Friday night we eat a bunch of fruits, and watch romantic comedies. Dad is out grocery shopping for fruits, so it's just me and mom for a while.

Minutes later mom comes padding down the stairs with her hair up and no make up. "Aren't you excited for a little kid running around the house?" Mom awes. I nod my headc and continue on my phone.

"Did you hear Wilmer got married?" I blurt out looking at my mom.

"Oh really? To whom?" She squints. I can tell this bothers her.

"Some chick named Amanda." I state, Flipping my hair at the downgrade. Mom laughs at me as dad walks in the door with a bunch of grocery bags.

"I bought diapers and clothes," he groans in pain dropping everything on the ground. We help him put stuff away, and we all snuggle up on the couch to watch a movie.

It's September 1st, and the Vma's are today. Mom and dad brought me with to go sit with Fifth harmony since the girls miss me. Plus, I'm nominated for something.

Mom bought me a black crop top and whitewash jeans to wear with black heels.

As a family we walk the red carpet, and the bright flashes, and shouts for Mom and dad hurt my head.

We finally get into the theater, and a security guard guides me to my seat separating me from my parents. The girls aren't here yet, so I'm sitting all alone. I have the aisle seat, and I'll be sitting next to Ally when they arrive.

Did I forget to mention I have a single out? Well yea, I wrote it last summer while Mom was in the hospital, and we recorded it after Mom's North American leg of Demi world tour. While I was being held hostage, mom released the single, and it went viral, and was played on radios everywhere. It ended up charting iTunes at number one on my birthday.

So, this year I got nominated for the artist to watch VMA, but I'm against Shawn Mendes, and we all know he's a better singer than me.

Apparently Fifth Harmony opened the Vma's this year with Sledgehammer, and they're also announcing Artist to watch since they won last year.

When the girls go backstage, Shawn comes to sit by me. Shawn and I have been getting really close since I met him at one of Fifth harmony's concerts back in June.

"Hey I'm dedicating the award to you if I win," he mumbles grabbing my hand. I smile softly up at him.

"If I win I'll just thank my mom," I giggle since I know I won't win. I didn't even prepare a speech.

"Hey guys we're Fifth Harmony!" The five girls beam in the microphone. My direction turns towards them. I feel Shawn grip my hand tighter, he's probably nervous.

"So,we're going to announce the Artist to watch" Lauren states.

"The nominees are" Ally shouts.

"Ross Lynch" no cheers.

"Bea Miller" quiet cheers.

"Emblem 3" louder cheers. "Shawn Mendes" the crowd whoops, and shouts. I look back at my mom who's sitting in the other section. I see her looking at me with a soft expression. Then dad looks at me, and gives me two thumbs up. I laugh at his silliness.

"And last but not least, our girl Paige Lovato" Camila says smiling in my direction. The cheers for me we're practically not real, and I cover my face quickly.

"The winner is.." Dinah begins.

"Get ready," I whisper to Shawn who looks like he's going to be sitting there for a while.

"Paige Lovato!" Normani finishes with a big smile on her face.

At first I sit there, but when I see a camera by us probably recording my reaction I know it's real. I stand up quivering, but calm myself down. The cheers and whistles are heard everywhere. On my walk to the stage I pass Beyoncé, Katy Perry, my parents; and Gwen Stefani. Before I get up on stage Gwen stops me and mutters, "Great job kid, that song you wrote has helped many."

I walk in shock up the stage stairs seeing the five girls who have saved me smiling hugely. When I reach the middle stage I look out to see fans of all kinds of celebrities, and then two familiar faces. My friends from New Jersey.

The girls hug me, and hand me the award, and I stare at it looking at this object that could be worth thousands. "Well hi," I giggle looking around. "I, don't know what to say, I didn't expect this at all, I was up against so many talented people I just want to thank the people who voted for me. And um my mom for releasing the song while I was, well missing." I stutter into the mic noticing all eyes on me, "But I just want to thank the people who support my music, my fans, and two special people who showed up here, and are right down there." I stop pointing to my two friends at the front of the stage on the ground. "Uh, thank you so much, and I hope you guys have a great night." I laugh following the people off the stage.

When I reach backstage I'm ambushed by my parents who are getting ready for their performance. "Babygirl, I'm so proud." Mom mumbles into my ear as she hugs me tightly.

Fifth Harmony and I walk back to our seats, and we sit there waiting to see my parents perform.

Award after award go by, and by now Fifth Harmony already has won two VMAS.

Now it's time for my parent's performance. The girls and I sit there anxious of how this will turn out. Mom and dad walk on stage in matching white outfits, and I probably have googly eyes at the moment, but I can't help it, they're so cute. I look up, and see a camera, probably recording me watching my parents. Great.

My parents finish the performance, and the girls are in tears because this is the first time they have performed this live, and you can see the love between them. It's so cute.

"So the producers of the VMA'S wanted us to announce an award that they have created. It's not fan voted it's chosen by the president of MTV." My mom says smiling at dad.

"That's right Demi, this award is for the song that tells the best story, and has helped others," my dad explains showing hand gestures. I watch the five girls squeal in excitement.

"So the winner that was chose by the president of MTV Is.." My mom states looking at Shawn. A drumroll is heard, and I watch Shawn get ready to stand up and go.

The drumroll stops, and my dad is about to talk, and I watch my mom wink towards me. "The winner is.. Paige Lovato with Silent Shadows!" My parents shout in the mic.
----------------------------------------------
Oh my Lordy 2,000 people are reading this holy cow! Thanks so much guys. Anyways comment and vote!

Twitter:@theherodemi