Dinner Date chapter 22.

EDITED
Demi's pov-
We all drove back to my house, and Nick didn't have a single clue that my family would be there. As we arrived Paige jumped out of the car and ran to Nick.

"Nick when we get inside can I talk to you?" She whispers. I watch Nick nod his head and they both walk inside together leaving me outside alone. Apparently these two are getting attached to each other.

When I walk inside I notice Nick's family is over, and apparently Joe brought a friend. I look to my left, and see Nick clenching his fist, but talking regularly to people.

I walk up to my mom, and ask her where Paige is, and she tells me that Paige walked inside, and all of a sudden looked like she had seen a ghost, and ended up running upstairs to her bedroom.

I jog upstairs to Paige's room, and knock on the receiving a muffled, "Come in." I walk into her room, and see her crying face down on her bed.

I sit next to her and rub her back. "Hey pumpkin? what's wrong?" I mutter.

"They're, they're bothering me again mom," she sniffles snuggling into me.

"Why? Did something happened?" I ask getting confused on why this is happening all of a sudden.

Paige looks up at me tears falling down her face. "H-he's b-ba," and she stops in mid sentence, and I can tell she's holding her breath.

"Hola Hermosa," a voice snickers, and I immediately know who the voice belongs to. My heart starts pounding, and I can feel my head spin.

"Mom!" Paige screeches, shaking me. "Mom don't let him take you," she begins to sob.

I now notice he is dragging me out the back door, and before I can stop my head from pounding I shout, "Wilmer get you filthy hands off me?" His grip becomes tighter and I'm now screaming at the top of my lungs.

I feel the grip on my arm become looser, and I wriggle free. I look around, and see Nick standing there his hand in a fist, and blood is on his knuckles.

"Nick," I cry launching myself into his arms. Nick hugs me tightly and the warm embrace is one of the best feelings ever.

"Call 9-1-1, I'm going to go check on Paige she's probably a mess," I explain running upstairs ignoring my family freaking out over the football game on the t.v.

As I reach the outside of Paige's door, I hear her on the phone, and her voice steady, "Are you actually up for this?" She asks. I can tell she's listening to the other person. "Alright I'll be in my backyard at 11 tonight meet me there, and we'll search for my mom. Operation find Demi," Paige states hanging up the phone. I scrunch my nose up at how much she cares about me.

I burst into her room causing her to whip her head around, obviously alert about what's happening around her. "Operation find Demi huh?" I chuckle standing in the door way, hands on my hips.

"Mom!" She exclaims running towards me almost knocking me over.

"I thought Windmill took you," she exaggerates waving her hands in the air.

"You think Nick would allow that?" I laugh patting Paige's head.

Her face goes blank and she stares at me with only one emotion evident, sadness. "He let me get taken away," she mumbles.

"Sweetie he had no idea." I whisper pulling Paige into a hug.

So, after spending an hour with the family, and everyone staring at me for no reason, they all leave, besides Dallas and Maddie because they're spending the night with Paige while Nick and I are gone.

I look at myself in the mirror. I'm in a red tight dress, long sleeves and it's sparkly. My red hair is curled at the tips and I have black heels on.
All of a sudden I feel hands on my waist,and I look in the mirror to see Nick behind me in gray tuxedo. "You look stunning," he whispers into my ear.

I smile at him and grip his hands, "Let's go handsome."

Surprisingly there wasn't any paparazzi at the restaurant, so no drama when we walked in.

The dinner was fantastic and I know we'll be coming here for another date night.

When we finish dinner its 7:00 and Nick wants to take a drive. "Why can't you tell me where we're going?" I whine as we drive into a forest preserve.

"It's a surprise baby!" He laughs, and gets out of the car. "Stay here I'll be right back."

Half an hour later Nick hasn't returned to the car, and I'm now very scared. I check my phone and I have no service. Great.

I take off my heels, and pull on my Skechers, and adventure out of the car. Making sure I have the keys, and that I locked the doors, so our only ride home doesn't get stolen.

I notice what most likely is a hiking trail, and follow it. After walking for about a minute I see a sign that says, "Keep going you're almost there," so of course I keep walking. After about 3 more minutes of walking I see another sign. "Look for the red and black balloons." I furrow my eyebrows. Is this some kind of trick? But since I really just want to find Nick I search for the black and red balloons.

When I find the balloons there's one more sign that says "Pop them all to see what's inside," and luckily on top of the sign is a needle. So, I pop all of the balloons, and each balloon there was a note in it with at least one word. I figured I should put all the words in order. When I finished doing that I figure out what the message says, "Look behind you."

Of course my first instinct is to look behind me, and when I look behind me I see Nick standing there holding a balloon with a huge smiley face on it.

"Pop it," he says.

I pop the balloon, and something falls into Nick's hand, and before I could see what it is he clenches his fist.

"Demi. Do you know how gorgeous you are? How much of an inspiration you are to me? I enjoy waking up every day, and seeing your pearly whites smiling at me. My heart aches when ever I'm away from you, and I know this sounds super cheesy, but it's truly coming out of my heart." Nick grabs my hands, and I feel a cold metal touch my fingertips. "I can't imagine what my life would be without you. I thank god every day that you made a choice to audition for everything I was in. I can't really imagine you not being in my life. I love you so much Demi. I want a family together. I want Paige to be an older sister, and not be scared that she'll lose her younger sibling like she lost Paisley. We could be Paige's safety blanket and well, make her feel safe." I'm watching Nick, my eyes wide in glory. I watch him get down on one knee, and take his hands away from mine. He holds up a diamond ring in his hand, and looks up at me, hope in his eyes. Man could I get lost in those eyes.

I can't contain my self from crying. The twist of events a date night can turn into. Did Paige know about this all along? What about both of our families?

"Demi," he begins, his smile broader than ever. "Will you do the honor in marrying me?"
---------------------------------------------
Comment and vote!

Twitter:@theherodemi