Good job Chapter 35.

EDITED
Paige's pov-

For a second I have no idea what's happening. I then hear the five girls next to me squeal in excitement. I finally realize I just won an award that the MTV president himself picked. He chose me, the ameatur sixteen year old out of all the celebrities to win this VMA, and it feels amazing.

I walk up on the stage with the biggest smile on my face, but I'm a nervous wreck. I mean this is a quite big award, and who knows how many people they had nominated for this award, and they picked me, out of all the amazing singers here. Tell me that isn't nerve wrecking.

I walk over to my parents, and I could tell my mom is about to cry. Dad has a big smile of proudness on his face. I hug my parents, and they hand me the award. They then go stand behind me as I come up with a speech.

"So um I really wasn't expecting to be standing up here; and being handed another one of these." I laugh lightly, "But thank you all so much for once again for supporting this song, no one really understands how hard it was to record it, and write it, so how about I explain it to all of you." I smile turning around to see my parents holding hands.

"So this song was written while a loved one was in the hospital last year. I'm pretty sure we all remember the tragic moment when my mom was submitted into the hospital with a coma where she probably wouldn't wake up. Those few months were the hardest for me. Mostly when she woke up,and forgot who I was. That was probably the worst feeling ever. But one night while I sat there hoping that she would wake up I wrote this song. Later we recorded it after my mom's North American leg of her first world tour. In the recording studio I ended up bawling my eyes out after the last line, which is "How do you keep holding on to hope when the silent shadows tell you to stop?" If you don't understand that line it's practically saying that it was hard to hold on to hope when the voices inside your head are telling you that the one you care about the most isn't going to pull through. Well, we all know she pulled through because she's obviously standing there right behind me." I laugh trying to cover up the tears about to pour out of my eyes.

I feel hands then grip my shoulders and I turn around to see my mom tearing up. She probably knows what I'm going to talk about next. I breathe in a deep breath and continue talking. "Sometime in December last year I was kidnapped. I was held hostage for three months. I watched my sister and birth father be killed. I watched them rot in the basement, I was being held captive in. I was alone on my birthday, I didn't get to celebrate it with the people who truly loved me. I had to spend it in a dirty basement full of rats. I was then announced dead on my birthday, but we all know I'm alive. But mom released the song, and it charted number one everywhere, and was number one on the radio. A month later I called my phone knowing that mom would answer, and I told her where I was, and she came to save me not even knowing who I was when I called. Without that single phone call I made I could be dead right now, or in that basement watching the ones I loved rot even more if it was possible. But now I can't watch my baby sister Paisley, grow up since she died before she could even turn eight." I sniffle rubbing my eyes. I look out into the crowd and see people wiping their eyes. I smile, and hold the tears in for a little longer.

"I can't watch Paisley grow up and become strong, but I can watch another little girl grow up. I'll watch her go through a phase of obsessions over Barbie dolls, her phone, and princesses. I can watch her freak out for the first time when she realizes her parents are both in Camp Rock, and had their own Disney shows. Or when she doesn't give a single care about anything in the world. I can stand there, and watch her walk down the aisle in her beautiful white dress as her daddy walks her down tears in his eyes wondering why his little girl is growing up so fast. What I'm trying to say is that in June 2016 we're expecting a baby Jonas." I say wiping my eyes.

The crowd is silent besides the few sniffles, and coughs heard. Then Shawn stands up, and starts to clap slowly. Many others starts to follow his actions, and now the audience is standing, cheering, clapping, or whistiling. Now I'm allowing the tears to spill. I can't help but smile. Then my song starts to play as my mom and I walk off the stage together.

When we reach backstage I can't help but sob into my mom's shoulder. "Paisley should be here right now watching me accept this award." I sob out. My mom shushes me as a worker grabs my arm, and drags me over to take a picture with the awards I won. I fix myself up, and smile big for the camera. I feel someone tap my shoulder, and I jump almost dropping the two VMAS I won.

"Hey girly that speech of yours caused Beyoncé to cry. If I were you I would feel accomplished." The person winks. Its Gwen, oh my god.

A huge smile grows on my face, "Uh,thank you so much." I thank her.

"So kid," she starts walking with me, and handing my awards to a security guard. "You wanna write a duet together?" She questions me stopping and turning around to face me.

My eyes are probably as big as saucers, but I tell her, "Well my mom said I have to finish college, and high school before I pursue my singing career."

Gwen nods her head and purses her lips, "How about over your Thanksgiving Break?"

"Uh I'll ask" I reply.

"Great! You're such a cutie, but here's my number, and give it to your mom, so her and I can talk," Gwen waves and walks away probably to head home.

I walk back over to my mom, and see that dad is by her which means the last act is performing, which is Taylor Swift performing Blank Space. Mom allowed me to walk back out to go sit by the girls and stay by to them, also I really love the song Blank Space. I mean my favorite quote is from that song.

I go out to the audience, and a bunch of people keep giving me compliments as I walk by, and then someone stops me. It's my friends from New Jersey. I break into a huge smile and launch myself at them.

"I can't believe this is how we're meeting." Natalie laughs.

"I know right we got to watch Paige become emotional, and accept a really big award, and she's only sixteen. Bow down to the queen." Becka jokes patting my back.

"Thanks Dolls but.." I stop in midsenetnce when I hear Taylor sing my favorite quote, and I shout/sing alongc "Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."

Becka and Natalie look at me like I'm crazy, and then we all burst into laughter.

"Call me when you get out of this hetic award show!" I state waving goodbye to my friends as I walk up the steps to my seat. Fifth Harmony sees me, and they all squeal, and shout a million things at me.

"One person at a time guys." I chuckle at their over excitement.

"Good job." They all exclaim at once.

"Your speech made me cry." Ally pitches in. I smile at her, and nod my head hugging the girls.

Taylor finishes her song up, and dad walks out on stage and starts to say his last words. I take this as a cue to walk backstage, and find mom. When I finally reach backstage I see mom facing a wall with her head in her hands. I walk over to her, and ask, "Hey mom, you alright?" She silently shakes her head no, and turns around to face me. Her mascara is a little smeared, but there's fresh tears streaming down her face. "What's wrong?" I whimper sitting next to her.

"Maddie got in a car accident, and she's unconsious right now."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment and vote!

Twitter:@theherodemi