91. The End.

I don't want to post this chapter because then it's over ;;-;;

__________

Kaplan.

Eventually, we told each other how we felt. I mean I know he is in love with me and he knows, I know that. And well I know he knows I know that.

I did technically communicate with him about my feelings towards him. And he is going home eventually. He'll see it and then Happily Ever After.

That is until I ran away. His eyes were so intense and I couldn't handle the words he said. It was too perfect. It felt scripted and every part of me keeps thinking he is setting me up and has a camera on me so everyone can see my meltdowns.

But I've calmed down since then and realized his heart was speaking for him. I won't go back though. I won't try to find him. We ended things on a solid note and I don't want to change that.

"Why are you out here?" I jumped and looked up to see Gage standing there with a bottle of water in his hands.

"One of these days you will get hit in the face." I say as he sits down. My heart goes back to normal and I shake my head still watching the cars pass by on the freeway across from me.

"And then what?"

"What?" I look away from the cars and turn to look at him.

"And then what? I get hit in the face. Then what? You won't be there to see it, I can almost guarantee-" He is this close . . .

"Unless I'm the one that does it." I hear a snicker but figure it's just me. Ever since that stupid god mother news everything I hear sounds different.

"But seriously, why are you out here?" He says handing me the bottle of water.

"It's hot in there." He shakes his head. "It's too crowded in there." He shakes his head again. "I wanted to be dramatic?" Again his head goes side to side. I pulled everything to the front of my brain, all of the excuses, just so I didn't have to tell him about Booker and me.

"Ya gotta dig a little deeper," he starts singing softy. I chuckle lightly and yank the bottle from his hand.

"I didn't know there were going to be so many dances. I bailed on all the school dances including junior prom and I even left that stupid ball thing. Did you know they were gonna have this many dances?" I unstrapped my shoes.

It wasn't a complete lie . . .

"Yeah." I huff. "It's a wedding Kaplan, what else were we gonna do? Sit down the entire time and clink our classes when we wanted to clap." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well it's a wedding." I exaggerated the word wedding to get my point across. "Why do people dance when they celebrate. Why do people even celebrate. I understand if you graduate college but if you really think about it you're just getting a piece of paper that says you can start being miserable alone now." I lean back on the palm of my hands.

"You're scared." He says quietly. His confident and utterly annoying tone had vanished and the teenager/high school voice came back. The slightly less irritating version of his voice.

"I'm not scared of anything."

"You're scared of falling in love." The expression on his face was like he had solved the whole puzzle. "You pushed away Booker because you didn't want to like him because if you liked him he would see all of your weaknesses and have the option of hurting you. You didn't want to get hurt so you shut him out. When your brother said all of that stuff that was one of your weaknesses and he saw it so you had to let him go." He stood up and paced around.