38. Lets Go (crazycrazycrazy :>mwahaha)

Kaplan.

"Hey, Lani," I looked behind me and saw Sunday standing by the back door. I lift my head from Bookers shoulder and turn to look at my uncle.

"Uh, can I talk to you for a minute?" he stepped outside and scratched his chin. I looked at Booker and he smiled sweetly.

I pulled my feet out of the water and stood up, walking towards him. Booker did the same but walked inside.

"Do you know why they are here?" He asked. I could tell he was gritting his teeth and trying to stay calm about this. I shook my head and he took a deep breath.

"We need to tell him Kaplan," he said, "it is his right as your father to know what that boy, the boy he is buddy-ing up with, has done to you." He points to the backdoor.

"I- I ca-" I begin to panic.

"Kaplan you have to!" my breathing increases and tears float to the bottom of my eyes.

"I can't-" I continue trying to breathe normally while Sunday keeps yelling at me and pushing me to tell my dad. "STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP SCREAMING!" I covered my ears and shut my eyes.

My wrists were grabbed softly and pulled away from my head. "I'm sorry Lani," Sunday pulled me in for a hug. "It hurts me to see you hurt. And I hate that Jaxx is getting away with this." He glares at the pool.

"Can we please just . . ." I had to catch my breath. "Can we just forget about this?" I ask him quietly. "I just want to forget about it." I say more quiet.

"Come on." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and lead me inside. I walked into the kitchen to compose myself and prepare for whatever might happen in there.

"So Jaxx, what does your future look like?" Nana asked him. He finished chewing and wiped his mouth before answering. I leaned against the door frame and watched the happening unfold in front of me.

"I'm hoping to become an actor." He proudly states.

"So you like to pretend." Sunday chimes in and sips on his tea. "I'm positive you'll be good at that." Sunday smiled sarcastically.

"Yeah, I guess so." Jaxx shrugged.

I took a deep breath and held it in, waiting for something to explode. "Hey uh, Kaplan." I looked up and saw Booker walking towards me after whispering something in my dad's ear.

"What?" I asked him after he pulled me into the kitchen.

"Do you wanna get outta here?" he asked me and I immediately nodded my head.

_______

I am so disappointed how short this chapter turned out. You can't see it but I'm shaking my head.

Okay so how many of you started school already? Last Friday I got made fun of cause of the mole on my neck like whut.