88. I Do

Booker.

"So yes, I, Kelly Fields, take you, Leon Darcy, as my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness, and in health, through thick, or thin, for the rest of my days." Kelly finished up her Vows using only four tissues.

Eh. Darcy cried a little too.

I watched Kaplan and she was crying but she had a blank in her eyes again. I don't think she was crying because of Kelly's promises. I think she was crying for some other reason.

I wanted so badly to walk up to her and cradle her in my arms but I couldn't just ruin a perfect moment and they were almost done anyways. The only thing they had left was the rings.

"Do you Kelly take Leon to be your husband?"

"I do."

"Do you Leon take-"

"Yes. I do." He smiled and clutched both of her hands. Some people laughed and the priest guy asked for the rings. Leon turned to Gage and Kelly turned to Kaplan. They both got the rings and slid them onto each other's shaky fingers.

"By the power vested in me and the city of Seattle, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." They kissed and woopity they live happily ever after.

We all clapped and watched them walk out of the church. Most people followed, some stayed behind. Alyssa pulled me out of the church and to the lady's room. I found my mom and told her to stay with Alyssa.

"Kaplan?" I walked back into the church and found her sitting on the steps. She was still crying. "Kaplan," I got her attention and she looked up, wiping her tears away.

"Hey." She smiled and I looked at her with a blank face. I sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her shaking body.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"What isn't wrong with her." She started crying harder and I turned my head to the back of the church, seeing Jaxx standing at the door. "Look at her. She used to be hot. Now she is just puny and weak." I stood up when he started walking towards us.

"Really Jaxx? Haven't you done enough?" I wasn't going to fight him but I just wanted him to leave. God for once can he just disappear?

"Not quite." He smirked and the cup he was holding was smashed against the wall. I flinched and Kaplan gasped through the quiet sobs. "You need to back off." Wait what.

"I need to back off? You are such a creep you know that?" I shook my head and grabbed Kaplan's hand. "Come on. Let's get out of here." She didn't oblige and I looked at her.

"See. She knows who she belongs with." He gripped her wrist and yanked her off the step. She hissed and suddenly the tears stopped. I could see she was angry now.

"You're such a fucking waste. Look what you've done." I gesture to Kaplan who is trying to hold back tears. "What if this was me and I had done that to your sister? You cannot stand here and tell me that wouldn't fucking phase you because you love her. I know you do. You guys are best friends and seeing her hurt is the same as watching her get beaten and not being able to do shit about it." I take a small step towards him.

"You're a stupid fuck." His grip on Kaplan tightens and she bites her lip to stop from whimpering. I ball my fists and take a swing at him.

Unfortunately, I miss and hit Kaplan. She falls to the ground and I want to check if she's okay but I hear a stupid chuckle and my anger boils over.

I reach into my pocket and pull out the switchblade I kept around. "Fucking. Go." I said slowly so he understands I am not afraid.

Hurting him, possibly killing him, would be worth it. I wouldn't get in trouble because my girlfriends dad is the judge and if I explain what happened, I definitely won't go to prison.

Getting rid of him so that Kaplan has a small chance of feeling safe, is worth risking the chance of prison even if they don't see the good I was doing.

"Alright little bitch boy. The game has begun." He said and turned around to walk away.

I turn around and look at an unconscious Kaplan. "Fuck." I sigh and sit on the floor beside her. I grab her wrist and rub over the redness the jackass created.

It's going to bruise. I just know it.

I look at her face and try to find where I hit her. I might've hit her on her head cause her eye is fine looking and her lips are perfectly plump like normal and her nose isn't bleeding.

I can't believe I hit her.

I leaned down and left a kiss to her cheek which made her groan and open her eyes. Well I found where I hit her I guess.
_________

Booker is my hero :>