35. Sooprizes, Sooprizes

Song of the chapter- Wings by Birdy

__________

Kaplan.

"Lani!" Nana hugged me when she walked through the door. She pulled out of the hug and started picking up strands of hair that fell out of my ponytail. "What the hell did you do this for?" I already knew my family would be disgusted but too late, I already made a trip to the store and bought hair dye.

"Yes, Nana, I am aware." I still smiled and let the rest of my family inside. Mostly, everyone travels with my grandparents. They all just happen to live in the same area.

"Kaplan," my very pregnant aunt (on my moms side) Genevieve, Viv, hugged me. "I have been wanting to come up here for so long. If it's no trouble with your dad, I can probably spend the night? Then we can talk, okay baby?" she kisses my forehead and walks to my dad.

"KareBear!" My Sunday smiles and lifts me off my feet and swings me around in a giant Sunday hug. "How's my baby girl!?" he puts me down and I can't help the giant smile on my face.

My Uncle Sam is the greatest person ever! I swear it to be known to this day that Sam is my favoritest person in the whole world.

"You could not have come sooner? Asshole." I chuckle and sock his shoulder. "I needed you at the funeral." Sam is my moms brother-in-Law. Even though they aren't blood, they were closer than ever.

Sam was the first person I remember meeting, other than my dad and mom.

We chat some more and he goes to my dad. My grandfather comes next and his boyfriend, Max.

I shiver when they walk away and shut the door. I guess my Aunt Layla and Uncle Chris aren't coming.

What a soo-prize.

"That happened once and I was very, very intoxicated," my dad laughs at my Sundays words. I bet they are talking about a high school party that they got wasted at.

Cyrus walked next to me and I can already tell, by the expression on her face, she is thinking she doesn't belong.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her to the side of my body. I look down at her and she looks up at me.

"You're a Ross." I say quietly and kiss the top of her head.

"Wait, stay right there." Aunt Viv says. I look over and notice everyone has their attention on me and Cyrus.

"Viv, come on." Sunday says, trying to block the lens of the camera she pulled out of her purse.

"Sam, she has never showed affection like this," she says trying to focus the camera. "I will have my moment." She snaps at Sam when he pulls the camera from her.

Everyone laughs and makes fun of her. Cyrus pulls a smile as well and I pull her with me to the dining room.

"Can we all migrate in here?" I ask, telling my very obnoxious family to move their asses.

They laugh and talk some more while moving into the dining room. Cyrus follows me into the kitchen.

"Hey," I look over and see Booker standing by the door, wearing black pants and a white dress shirt, with a black bow tie around his neck, holding a bouquet of lily's in his hands. "Your dad told me to come over for dinner tonight?" he walks toward the kitchen and stands in front of me.

"And you actually came?" I asked him, squinting my eyes to seem interrogating.

"Well yeah, why wouldn't I?" He smiles and sets the flowers down on the counter. "Hey Cyrus." He smiles at her. "Well aren't you gonna introduce me?" He looks at me with an asshole-like grin.

_________

I know it's short and I am so sorry for that but I have a bunch of homework and shtuff but I will hopefully post tomorrow!