80. Seeds

Booker.

"Hey, can I get two waters and a coffee?" Gage was beside me. The waitress nodded and went back to the kitchen and glanced at me.

I didn't want to look at him. It was bad enough looking at the wallpaper on my phone. I couldn't think of Jo. I couldn't speak to Jo. I couldn't even say Jo.

It was just an awkward version of Kaplan and even then it was weird. Maybe it was just the awkward tension that was between Gage and I.

He probably didn't feel it.

He doesn't know how much I hate him but I do and I take pride it that and he needs to know I hate him and I want him to know how much I hate him because I freaking hate him and I want him to know that because I hate him and he needs to know that I hate him because I hate him.

And he needs to know.

"Are you okay?" He turns to me and I look to the side.

"What."

"I mean, I'm not judging you, but most people might, on some level find fisting a handful of chewed sunflower seed shells kind of disgusting." He said smartly. I roll my eyes and go to my hands.

I look at my left which is, clenching a handful of pointy wet shells of other people's mouths. I take my hand out of the little cup thing and grab a napkin from a table nearby.

"Alright Gage," I wipe my hand as best I could, "you laughed and had your fun. Can you leave me alone now?" I throw the napkin away. Along with the seeds.

"Well I would cause I'm a nice guy and all but I have had to much fun seeing you struggle so I just wanna stay and witness more of the fascinating life of Booker." His hands holds up his cheeks and he smiles really big.

"I never liked you." I glared at him.

"I'm finding more reasons to not like you as well." He nods his head and sips on a dark soda. By the looks of it, it looks like a cherry coke but, he is such a prude it could be a lady's drink.

"Like what."

I can still feel sunflower seeds on my hand. A shiver runs down my spine and I drink my perrywinkle Pepsi.

"You are a woose." I roll my eyes. I had just forgotten about that stupid idea and here he goes. Why am I even listening to him. "You are worse than she is."

"Both of you can't handle anything." he shakes his head and the two waters and coffee comes to him.

"I told her that everything was going to be okay." I defended myself.

"In the end it was because your dad fixed it. You both are just hopeless." Wait what.

"What?" My voice cracked.

"Your sister told me that your dad had to fix the treehouse. Not you. Although she isn't any better. She couldn't clean it as good as she said she could." He picked up the cups and said something and then bye.

I thought he was talk about Kaplan. I thought someone was finally going to talk to me about her. I thought maybe I could get an idea on what the hell happened.