51. The Pier

YEEESS DOUBLE UPDATE

MAYBE EVEN A TRIPLE!

_________

Kaplan.

"Kaplan please stop!" I heard Booker yell for the hundredth time since I ran out of the hospital room.

He followed me all the way to the pier. The beach we had come for our first 'date'. I had run to the end, tears coming down my face and onto my white shirt.

"Kaplan please," Booker said catching up to me, completely out of breath.

"No!" I turned around and kept my distance from him. "No Booker! Stop chasing after me! Stop coming to my rescue! Don't you see that I am bringing you down with me?" I looked at him through blurred eyes.

"I don't-" He tried to speak but I stopped him.

"No okay? I want you- I need you to stay away from me. I need you to go find a pretty girl with a cheeky personality and a cute dimpled smile. I need you to have a real girlfriend, someone who you fall in love with and they love you back. Someone that isn't so flawed that they scar you with them. Please? Can you please just do that for me? Please." I begged him, tears still streaming down my face.

"You're not hurting me Kaplan." He started getting a bit emotional. "I mean sure you have some flaws but everyone does. Everyone is messed up in their own special ways."

"It's just a lie."

"No it's not. It's more than that." He fought.

"They say the greatest thing about the lie, is the believing part. We believed it. We believed that we were a perfect couple. Making everyone jealous of how happy we were. But it was a lie." I looked at him. "We forgot the original purpose. We wanted to scare away a stalker that doesn't even exist." He looked up and caught my eyes.

"Doesn't that tell you something? I made up a fake stalker story just to get close to you. Doesn't that show you how fucking taken I am with you?" His tears were freezing as they slid down to his throat.

"No." His face dropped at my blunt answer. "I don't want to take you down with me when you deserve so much better." I hiccupped to keep from letting out a sob. "Goodbye Booker." I felt my own chest sink at my last words to the sad boy in front of me.

It was this moment I realized that even when I try to be kind and considerate of others feelings, I still hurt them.

"Okay Kaplan. I'll give you what you want but only because I care about your feelings, more then I care about satisfying my own." He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Goodbye Kaplan." He turned to walk away and I waited for him to look back.

But he didn't.

____________

Major flipping feels right now. Why I do this to myself? I have no clue but you know what I'm just gonna cry in a corner because too much is happening.

Kaplan gets a scholarship, Kaplan's mom dies, Cyrus gets suicidal, Cyrus tried to die, Askins blames Cyrus' happenings on Kaplan, Kaplan knows it's her fault, Kaplan breaks up with Booker,

Booklan ends.

Yeah. I'm not o-freakin-kay.

Don't touch me.