82. Pre-Wedding

Kaplan.

"I'm gonna throw up."

"I didn't even eat anything at the rehearsal dinner and it says I've gained three lbs. How am I gonna fit into my bridesmaids dress?"

"Where's my strapless bra! The one with no straps!"

"Kaplan!" I jumped up from the couch and got rid of my laughter from watching the bridesmaids running around. I ran past them and inside the brides room.

"Yes ma'am?" I sat on the side of the tub.

"I can't find my ring." Kelly paces. I hand her the bottle of water that is in the mini fridge that is under the sink. She sips it and I reach into the cabinet behind her and hand her the red ring box Darcy gave me when he heard my mother died.

I just look at her reaction when she opens it and she gasps. "Oh my god." I didn't know what the big deal was. It was just another diamond ring. I have seen her jewelry box and know that she has plenty of those.

I still felt bad. I was supposed to open it with Cyrus. She isn't allowed to come unless it was a serious situation and unless a family member dies at this wedding, she stays in her cage until they feel she is emotionally stable to enter the world again.

Stupid jackasses.

"This is so beautiful." She smiles and slides it on over her yellow gloves. "So what do you think?" She asks standing like a model.

"You look pregnant." I cover my mouth with my hands right after that falls out. I really had no intention of speaking today. For that exact reason.

"I know Kaplan I should have told you but with all of this wedding stuff, a baby was not on my mind." She sat back down. "I forgot about my own birthday!" She tries to justify.

"But you would think, the maid of honor, who's giving a loving speech about how amazing you are and how special your relationship is, would just love to add in how honored and proud she is to have a piece of her in your heart." I smiled and felt myself getting teary eyed.

She gasped and stood up again, "does that mean you'll be the god mother? And you will help me with this? I have no children. I need help and Leon is a narcissistic ass." She laughs and I nod.

"Yeah I'll do it. But I'm not marrying Gage." I shake my head and we finish hugging.

"Oh dear I wouldn't either." She wipes away the tears before it messes up her makeup. I laugh a little too loudly and fix a little strand of hair at the side of her face.

"Are you ready?" I asked her. She took a deep breath and nodded. The other girls were doing last minute check ups on their pre-wedding dresses.

They all gawked and boohooed over Kelly and gushed about how she is giving away her life and how she will forget about them.

Then they moved on to how they will never get married because they have such low income or how they don't want to settle down. Bethany stays quiet and I know that, for a fact, she is married to a marine biologist. His name is Davis and they are planning on having their fourth kid this summer when he gets home from Fiji.

The pictures he sends her are so pretty. The water catches the sun perfectly and sometimes you can even see the sea creatures coming out of their homes and saying hello.

I remember when I was a little girl, I wanted to work with all types of animals. Mostly water ones because I loved the water and I had a pet turtle that I called Peanut.

"Are you ready, Kaplan?" Kelly snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked around and saw that we were in front of big doors that had our reflections instead of the inside. When did we get here? I must have been distracted the entire way.

"Yeah." I answer with a big smile instead of telling her no and trying to run away.

Even though it isn't my wedding, I still didn't want to stand up in the front and hear people promise their lives to one another just so in the end it could all burn to hell. Then later on hear about how much they hate each other as if this day never existed.

As much as I love Kelly and Darcy and as much as I want them together, the divorce rate is too high and its bound to happen. Why go through so much trouble just to print a piece of paper then go through more trouble just to basically rip that paper and break up?

These are reasons why I will stay away from marriage and hope to stay single and be independent.

__________________

#FEMALE EMPOWERMENT

YEET.