50. Screaming Match

Booker.

"And why did you let her do it?!"

"Not like I was there to stop her!"

"Why weren't you there!?"

"I don't have a time schedule! I don't know when she is gonna do it!"

"Why would you even allow her to do it!?"

"I DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW!"

"Why not! You could have prevented this! You were the only one that could have stopped her Kaplan!"

"Yeah!? And what about you Askins? Where the hell were you When we were celebrating the breath of OUR mother!?"

"I was in Washington, actually doing something with my life!"

"Yeah okay Askins, I decided to stay with dad. I am a fuck up and I screw every fucking thing, I get it okay!"

"Why do you do that!?"

"BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!"

This screaming match between Kaplan and Askins turned way around. I don't think I like where this is going.

"The shit you do, can kill people okay? It can kill my little sister, which is basically what you have done!"

"Don't you dare fucking call her your little sister. You weren't there to hear her beg for God and prey that she gets better. You don't even fucking get the right to call her your relative because you weren't there! You come around every five months and sometimes you don't even show. You don't get to call her your little sister because you don't fucking know her."

Kaplan was up close and personal with her older, much bigger, much stronger brother. He was looking down at her through his puffy red eyes.

I can't believe they were doing this at the end of Cyrus' bed. The bed she is laying in, in the hospital. The hospital she had to go to because she tried to kill herself.

"FUCK YOU KAPLAN!" Now they just started screaming over each other.

"Okay, Okay!" I stepped in the middle of them.

"You're just fucking useless. The only thing you're good for is hurting people." Was the last thing Askins said.

Kaplan ignored my look and opened up her big gob anyway. "You don't think I know that? You don't think I have wracked my brain so many times trying to figure out how to push people away without damaging them somehow? You don't think I wanna wake up and just leave like mom did? I wake up and I feel so horrible that I even get to wake up, when better people don't get to." She was crying by now. "You can say what ever you want to me, but you will not make me feel so bad, that I leave everything that's important to me. I will fight until she is better. I am not gonna leave her like mom did." She looks at Cyrus.

"Or like you did." She finished and the room fell silent.

__________

Hold on I have to control my feels.