7. Pretend

Kaplan.

"Do you ever go home?" I snap and walk to my car. I hear him chuckle and I mentally vomit. "Go away Booger." I roll my eyes and open the door.

"I actually need a favor." He sounded off. Not his usual ass hole self. I turned around slowly and took note of his cheeks turning red.

"Is Booker nervous?" I teased with a sarcastic grin. "Wait a minute . . . I might need to get this on camera." I laugh and pull out my phone. I snap a few pictures and he rolls his eyes.

"Alright." He grabs my phone and locks it. "I know we don't know each other . . . like that. But I was curious if you would be my girlfriend?" He stared away from me. I looked at him for a while and then bursted into laughter.

"You're kidding right?" I stopped laughing once he kept a straight face. "Booker?" I shut my car door and stared at him. "No!" I declined immediately.

"You only have to pretend Kaplan." He put his hands behind his head. "This girl is constantly hitting on me. She followed me home yesterday. I just need to send her the right message. You only have to do it until she gives up." He practically begs.

"No! In case you've forgotten Booker, I hate you and you hate me. We don't even know each other." My voice raises a notch and I can see it in his devilish eyes, he wants to laugh.

"Exactly! That's the reason why I asked you." He stood directly in front of me. "That and you're incredibly hot." He winks and I groan. "Okay. Five months at the most." I turn my head back to look at him with wide eyes.

"Five months?!" I whisper shout. He chuckles at my reaction and I punch him in the chest. "We don't get passed second base." I sternly agree and open my car door. "And you owe me 100 bucks each months."

"Second? I wasn't gonna go anywhere past first." He smirks and shuts my door. I roll my eyes for what feels like the thousandth time. I start the car and drive away.

Booker? My boyfriend? Why couldn't he have asked a real girl? I mean I am a real girl, I just don't like the concept of relationships. He should have asked a random girl and made it a real relationship.

I don't want to be someone's girlfriend. It's not right. Why do I have to be someones property? I don't even know how to describe how much I hate relationships. The only one I could stand to tolerate was my parents' and look how that turned out.

I pulled up to the side of my house and parked the car. I really don't want to be back here. I don't want to face my dad and his stupid girlfriend, Askins and Cyrus hanging out together.

"Hey Kaplan." My dad says from the kitchen. I nod my head and keep walking upstairs. I plop on my bed, face down. "Kaplan!" My dad yelled. I groaned loud enough for him to hear it. I sighed and walked downstairs.

"Yeah?" Askins said. Oh my fucking HELL! Every where I fucking go he is there! "I would have thought it would be warm there?" He continued. I cleared my throat and both boys looked at me.

"Hey . . . dear?" Booker smiled. I rolled my eyes and finished walking downstairs. Askins widened his eyes at me and I glared at him.

"And you never told us about Booker because . . ." My dad came from the kitchen with a vase full of flowers. My eyes widened and Booker chuckled quietly. "Be back by midnight." He set the vase down by the window.

"Yes sir." I narrowed my eyes at Mr. Kiss-ass. Sighing, I walked towards him and shut the door behind me. "Ready?" He asked and I glared at him. "Okay then." He opens his car door for me.

"Seriously?" I gesture to the car. "You are going to go the extra mile, aren't you?" I make a disgusted face and he laughs.

"Are you gonna get in or not?" He asks with a grin. I roll my eyes again and step up. I nearly fall backwards but Booker catches me and helps me sit inside. "It's my dad's truck. He uses it for work." He makes an awkward face and I couldn't fight the urge to laugh.

He gets inside and drives off. I ask where we are going multiple times but Booker ignores me every time. We end up listening to the radio in uncomfortable silence.

An agonising half hour later, we pull up to a sandy lot. "The beach?" I ask while he jumps out. I open my door but he beats me to it by helping me jump out. His arms wrap around my waist and I hold on to his shoulders.

He sets me down and shuts the truck door. I follow him to the bed of the truck. He lifts up the cover and pillows and blankets cover the floor. Two boxes of pizza are on top of the blanket along with two litres of sprite and orange fanta.

He pulls down the tailgate and holds out a hand for me. I look at his hand then at him with raised eyebrows. He sighs and picks me up. I squeak from the out of nowhere-ness. He sets me down and climbs up himself.

"I didn't know what kind of girl you were so I did this." He gestures to the bed of his truck. "But if you don't like pizza then take a walk." He nods his head to the beach. I chuckle and grab one of the boxes.

"Pizza is life." I laugh with him and he opens the box. He grabs a slice of pepperoni and I clear my throat. "I'm pretty sure your stalker agrees." I smirk and set the pizza box down.

"Hush." He finishes chewing and I jump down from the truck. He sets his half eaten pizza down and jumps off as well. "What are you doing?" He narrows his eyes at me.

I smile innocently and start untying my shoes. He keeps his narrowed eyes on me while I look up at him with raised eyebrows. I put my shoes on the bed of the truck and take off my socks. I chuckle at his weird expression and take my phone out of my pocket.