2. Ka-P-Lane

Kaplan.

"Why do you have to be so mean to everyone?" She asks once she comes back upstairs. "Booker didn't even do anything and you like lashed out on him." I almost laugh.

"I hate people." I say simply while looking at my phone. "It's almost ten, I'm gonna go home." I tell her and stand up to leave. I say bye to her parents and walk out towards my car. I drive to my house and park in the driveway.

"Cyrus?" I call when I walk through the door. I slip my jacket off and hang it on the hook, slipping my shoes off and I walk towards the stairs. I get to the fifth step up before the living room light turns on.

"Where have you been." My dad has crossed arms and his girlfriend is standing right next to him with a scowl on her face. "It is not okay for you to be walking through that door at this hour." He continues and I roll my eyes.

"I was out." I glare back at my dad. "Goodnight." I snap and start to walk back upstairs.

"We have to talk about this Kaplan." His girlfriend growled. I waved them off and kept walking towards my room. Cyrus glanced through the open crack in her door. I stuck my tongue out at her and walked inside my own room.

This was no different than any other night.

I pulled my shirt off and slipped out of my pants. I kicked them under my bed, making a mental note to pick them up tomorrow. I laid in bed and covered myself with my blanket. The bandana I have been wearing all day, was taken off my head and thrown somewhere across the room.

The only advantage to having a rich ass dad, is getting nice comfort. I just wish I actually went to sleep on the comfortable bed. This would be three days straight that I haven't slept for more than four hours.

~

"Get out Kaplan! You have been in there for over an hour." Cyrus complained. She kept banging on the door while I was spamming Macy with a bunch of pictures of my goofy faces. I do this just to piss Cyrus off. I unplugged my straightener and opened the door. I think, I heard her mumble ignoramus when I passed by her.

"Oo. Big word for a sixth grader." I turned around and stuck my tongue out at her before she could close the door. She rolled her eyes at me and then slammed the door shut. I laughed to myself and walked into my room. My belt clinched my stomach, forcing me to unbundled it and toss it on my bed. It might be smart to tie my shoes.

I grabbed my backpack and phone charger then walked downstairs. Before Cyrus came down, I started making some eggs for us. I got each of us a blueberry muffin. Right when I was finishing the eggs, she appeared.

"Eat before you go to school." I told her, setting the plate down on the counter. I handed her some ketchup and put hot sauce on my own eggs. Putting her muffin in a bag, seeing as it is already 7. "Here. When you get hungry you can eat that." I handed her the muffin. She finished her eggs and started putting the bag in her backpack.

I took both of our plates and rinsed them in the sink then put the dishes in the dishwasher. I grabbed my bag and my keys then waited for Cyrus to come back downstairs from grabbing her shoes.

She slid them on quickly and we left through the front door. She opened the door and I shut it behind us, locking it after. She pressed the button on my remote that unlocked the doors to my cars, and ran through the rain to get inside. I did the same thing, except I didn't run. I just sped walked through the rain, I still looked hot doing it though. And getting into a nice car, it's even better.

I started the engine and pulled out. Cyrus turned on the radio and adjusted the heat, all of the things that annoy the shit out of me most. Monday through Friday, it's a five minute drive of thirty second songs, until she gets bored and changes the stations or there's a commercial.