10. Dork

Booker.

"Booker." Kaplan tried to wake me up. I felt her get out of the bed but I didn't turn my back to face her until . . . "Oh sh. . ." My eyes snap open and I tumble out of bed.

When I reach the hallway, Kaplan and my dad stand in front of each other, neither of them knowing what to say. My dad, being the business man he is, is wearing a suit and tie with his car keys in his hand. Kaplan, being the one that went on a date with me last night, she is only wearing my t-shirt.

She took the shorts off last night because she got hot. She tries to tug the bottom of my shirt down further but she doesn't succeed. It rises up in the back giving me a perfect shot of the folded up boxers I gave her last night?

So she did grab them. She folded them up so they wouldn't show? Well doesn't she wish she didn't do that now, doesn't she? I laugh and mentally stick my tongue out at her.

"Booker?" My dad finally breaks the silence. I lean off of the door frame and stand in front of Kaplan trying to block her half naked view from a 40 year old man. "Who is your friend?" He doesn't sound as mad as I thought he would be.

"I left a note dad." I remember. "This is Kaplan, we went out last night. Her curfew was midnight but when she got home everything was locked and she lost her key in the water at the beach." I look between my dad and Kaplan.

"Kaplan is a very pretty name." He holds out his hand for her to shake. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Allan." He smiles politely and both, Kaplan and I, are confused. "Well I best be off. Have a good day." He looks at both of us and Kaplan smiles.

I laugh and Kaplan socks my shoulder again. She waddles into the bathroom and I walk to my parents room. My mom was sitting up against her headboard reading off of her kindle. I smiled and said good morning.

"Hi sweetie." She coos and I sit on the edge of her bed. "Are you feeling alright?" She asks and sits up straight. I nod my head and she feels my forehead. "You're burning up." She gets out of bed and walks to the cabinet in her bathroom.

"I'm fine mom." I groan when she tries to stick a thermometer in my mouth. I sigh in defeat and put the cold metal under my tongue. "Look only 98.3. I'm perfectly healthy." I hand her back the stick.

"Okay fine." She playfully glares at me. "Do you want me to start breakfast early?" She asks while grabbing a pair of pants out of her dresser.

"I think I will just stop by Micas on the way to school." Right when I said that a smack was heard in my room. "Oh that's probably Kaplan. I will be right back." I tell my mom and walk to my room.

When I get to the door, Kaplan is laying on the floor with her hands over her head. My eyes widen and I kneel on the floor next to her body. My kindergarten yo-yo was on the floor near the wall?

"I hate games." She groaned, still holding onto her head. I laughed at her stupidity. "I will choke you with your own toy." I help her stand up and set her down on the end of the bed.

"Who's the dumbass now?" I crossed my arms over my chest to seem stern. "Dumbass." I laughed once more and walked over to grab my yo-yo. I wrapped up the string and set it in a drawer in my desk.

"I was playing with it and the stupid string got stuck so I shook it and it hit me." She explained glaring at my laughter. I threw my head back and clenched my eyes closed. What kind of person gets knocked out by a damn toy?

I heard her huff and then my stomach was punched. I hunched over and she grabbed her clothes from the side of the bed. She walks downstairs and I try to catch my breath. Once I am able to move, I walk downstairs and open the front door.