Chapter 52

McKenna's POV

I knew I needed to get ready for Niall coming over but I couldn't find the energy to drag myself out of bed. The emotional turmoil I was in had taken it's tole on me and I wasn't in the mood to face the flat where I used to live with my best friend. Ex-best friend that is.

I groaned and rolled over, burying my face into my pillow and ignored my nagging thoughts. I couldn't bring her back by over thinking everything.

Just when I was about to doze off again, I felt cold arms wrap around my waist and pull me against a hard chest.

"My best mate just opened the door without a shirt. Should I be worried?" Niall asked in an amused voice while pressing his lips to my neck. I could feel his smile against my skin which made my own lips twitch. You could never stay in a bad mood with Niall around.

"A little competition to keep you on your game," I replied, teasingly.

"Thanks for keeping me on my toes, babe," He continued to trail kisses along my jaw.

"Anytime," I giggled, rolling over and kissing him. His lips felt cold as they moulded to mine. I wrapped my arms around him under his jacket, that Niall had yet to take off, and pressed myself closer to warm him up. Also, having my body against his is a heavenly feeling.

I let out a low moan when Niall's tongue tangled with mine. His, which were now warmer, hands slipped up under my shirt from my waist to trace the underwire of my bra - the only article of clothing I'd managed to put on after waking up this morning. I didn't think Niall minded my over sized T-shirt and black shorts that I'd slept in so I didn't bother to change when he'd texted, asking to come over.

"Harry told me what happened," Niall sighed, pulling away but still tracing patterns on my stomach with his fingertips which sent shivers through me.

A wave of pain hit me with the reminder of what happened but it was dulled slightly now that Niall was here to comfort me.

"I can't believe she left," I breathed, my eyes stinging with tears. I buried my face into his chest and Niall held me tighter.

"Harry's a right mess after last night," Niall shook his head, "I hate what she did to him."

"He's been drinking a lot."

Niall sighed, "I know. It's not doing him any good by staying here."

"Harry fought with his Mom. I wasn't going to turn him away," I replied.

"I wouldn't expect you to. But him staying in her room will only make things harder on himself."

I shrugged, "If he feels most comfortable here then why not let him stay?"

Niall was silent so I continued on, "I think Harry is waiting for her to come back. I can't help but hope for the same thing."

Niall pulled back a little to look at me, "Why would Charlotte come back? What she said kind of finalized things, don't you think?"

"What she said?" I repeated, confused.

"Yeah...you don't know?"

"Know what?" I quickly became anxious, my stomach churning as I waited for Niall to tell me what had happened.

"Charlie called Harry last night," Niall admitted and I shot up, shock running though my body. Charlie had called? Was she safe? Was she coming home?

Niall sat up also, an uneasy look on his face. The hope that it was good news died down as quick as it had appeared. Hope was replaced with disappointment and pain.