Chapter 6

*important authors note at end* 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Zayn, Louis, and Harry had done the dishes after lunch and put them away. We all split up and did what we wanted; McKenna went back to her book in the kitchen, Liam went for a nap, and the rest went into the living room to talk or watch T.V. 

I made my way down to the basement and put the laundry in the dryer and put another load in. I climbed back upstairs and joined everyone in the living room.  

I sat down next to Harry and the love seat and he put an arm around me. 

Don't over think this, it's just a kind and comforting gesture.  

Niall swung around in the egg chair, his new favourite spot when McKenna wasn't there to sit next to. 

"We have to get ourselves one of these!" He cried. We all laughed at his delight.  

After my giggles subsided, my head felt light and fuzzy. I struggle to think clear thoughts and focus on my surroundings which pulled in and out of focus. 

"You alright?" Harry murmured to me, probably seeing me sway a little.  

"Yeah, just a little dizzy is all" I replied.  

"Charlie! Can you come here for a second?" McKenna called from the kitchen.  

I slowly got to my feet, saying "Be right there!" The room spun and I struggled to stay upright. I groaned and felt my way along the furniture and walls, trying to see if they were indeed spinning.  

"Charlie, you don't look so good" Louis said.  

"I don't feel so good" I admitted, slouching further.  

"I don't either" McKenna called from down the hall.  

"You dizzy, kind of nauseous, and feverish?" I chocked out.  

"Yeah" I heard her trying to get up, knocking over some chairs in the process.  

"I'm getting dizzy too" Niall coughed and Louis soon agreed.  

Unable to help it, I collapsed onto the floor.  

"Charlotte!" Harry's voice echoed through my muddled thoughts.  

Even though I was on solid ground, the room was still like a carousel.  

Harry appeared above me and I felt hands on me. His shape was swaying also and before I knew it, he had laid down next me. All I could do was try to focus on the only thing that never failed to hold my attention; Harry's eyes.  

Before I knew what was happening, I had lost consciousness.  

** 

I didn't want to open my eyes. I was afraid of what waited for me when I did. But curiosity overcame fear and I opened my eyes. Things had finally stopped spinning, even though my thoughts were still a little muddled, and I was able to focus on my surrounds.  

I was in a dimly lit room, with the glow of a fire to my left. There was a long table in front of me; it held a full meal. I tried to get up but found that I was duct taped to my chair and gagged. I struggled against the tape but that was the wrong idea because it really hurt. I stopped and looked around again for everyone. They were all seated around the table; McKenna, Niall, and Louis were still unconscious.  

A door opened and what seemed to be a family filled in. I recognized Jack and Billy but with them was a girl with blonde hair, a man with salt an pepper hair and wrinkles, and a woman with obviously dyed brown hair.