Chapter 16

Charlotte's POV

I woke up alone. I shifted to realize the sheets were still warm; Harry had not long left. I checked my watch; 7:03am. Harry never got up that early.

I got up and feeling chilled so I threw on a sweater and slippers over my pyjama pants and tank.

I didn't care what I looked like right now. I was just worried something might have happened. When someone isn't where they normally are here, you should be worried.

I left my room and looked around. I didn't hear anything in the kitchen but the T.V was on so I followed the sound.

All the boys surrounded the television. Niall's eyes were watering and all of their expressions were pained and sad.

"What's going on?" I asked, my stomach twisting in knots.

No one answer or even really looked at me.

I shuffled in and stood behind a love seat, where Zayn and Louis sat.

The lady that delivered my news report sat, talking.

"And authorities are still looking for five teenage boys; Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, and Niall Horan. Disappearing from their home in Camden, U.K on March 14th, authorities say they are following new leads. If anyone has any information, they are encouraged to call police. And in other news..." She started talking about something else.

"They've been running the story all morning" Louis murmured.

"Guys..." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry" I finished awkwardly. I knew how it felt to see your face on the news.

How long would it be until they were reporting our bodies found? Or would they even find them? Would we be on the missing list forever?

I needed to stop thinking of myself as already dead. We had a chance, right?

Harry squeezed Liam's shoulder and got up. He silently grabbed my hand and gently lead me to our room.

We sat on the bed and I took both his hands into mine.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly. That was a stupid question.

He shrugged "it's just weird seeing myself on the news"

I nodded, squeezing his hands sympathetically.

He leaned in, suddenly, and pressed his lips to mine.

Shocked by his sudden advance, I kissed him back. His kiss was aggressive and wanting.

He pressed me down into the bed as his hands roamed my body. I really didn't mind, I was enjoying it actually. I knew what he felt, a burning desire to be close. But I had to stop this because I needed to ask him something. And we couldn't continue until I knew the answer.

"Harry" I mumbled against his lips.

He pulled away slightly "what? Is something wrong?"

"No no" I assured him "it's just...what is this? What are we?"

"I like you. A lot and I want to give us a chance" Harry told me confidently but I could see a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"I'm with someone. At home...I don't know what to do" I confessed. Harry pulled back further.

"You don't like me?" He asked, hurt.

"I do! I really like you but...I don't cheat! I...I'm...it's..." I stuttered but I couldn't finish. The words were all jumbled up in my mouth.