Chapter 4

We had been here a week now. Liam's bruises were yellowing and the scratches were scabbing over but I could tell he was still in pain.  

No one had come to see us since the brought back Liam and I was fine with that.  

Since there was nothing to do, I got really close with the boys, specifically Harry. You can learn a lot about a person in a week if you have nothing else to do.

"So" I began as I sat down next to Harry in the living room. In the love seat was Mckenna and Niall whispering to themselves. Liam was in his room sleeping, Zayn was in the kitchen, and Louis sat in the egg chair.  

"Anything good on T.V.?"  

Harry shook his head, "Never is" 

I laughed, "Reality T.V. bites" That's what the majority of the channels played.  

"You know, you never did tell me how you ended up here?" I asked.  

"There's not much to tell" Harry shrugged, "We were just hanging out and drinking when Liam passed out. We didn't figure out in time that someone had spiked our drinks. Then we woke up here" 

"Speaking of Liam, he hasn't come out of his room all day" McKenna said.  

I got up, murmuring, "I'm going to go make him some food. Anyone else want anything?" Everyone shook their heads so I just went into the kitchen and heated up some chicken noodle soup. We were running low on food.  

I put it on a tray with a glass of water and more aspirin and knocked softly on Liam's door.  

"Liam?" I called, "It's Charlotte. Can I come in?" 

I head a small groan and a, "Yeah" 

I went in and the room was pitch black. He shifted a little away from the light I let in when I opened the door.  

"Sorry but I'm going to have to turn the light on. You mind?" I asked.  

"Yeah sure. Go ahead" Liam said in a hoarse voice.  

I flicked on the light, walked over, and set the tray down on his lap.  

He sat up and said, "Sit down".  

"Thanks" I mumbled and sat down on the edge of his bed.  

"How you feeling?" I asked.  

"I've had better days" Liam crack a small smile.  

"Well take the aspirin. It will help" I suggested.  

He took the pills and I said, "And eat something!" He looked at the food and pursed his lips.  

"Fine" Liam admitted defeat and took slow bites, slowly but surly finishing the soup.  

"Thank you. The boys told me what you did" Liam said.  

I smiled, "You're welcome"  

I then heard a subtle, high pitched noise.  

"Do you hear that?" I questioned, looking around for the source.  

Liam paused to listen before saying, "No? I don't hear anything?" 

It was a high pitched frequency that wouldn't stop. It was the kind of sound that no matter how hard you tried, it had your full attention and annoyance. 

"What is it?" Liam asked with concern.  

"It's just some high pitched noise" I responded. It intensified, the pitch getting louder and higher.