Chapter 9

McKenna's POV 

As soon as I shut the door, Charlie began to cry. I didn't blame her, she had just seen her parents. It was hard enough to think about them but too see them like that, broken and defeated, was absolutely heartbreaking.  

I didn't know whether I wanted to see my parents like that or not. I would probably react the same as Charlie if not worse. 

"Need some help back downstairs?" I offered to Harry.  

He nodded "Sure" We started down the stairs.  

"Maybe I should go check on her?" He mumbled, looking back up the stairs.

"Your in no shape to even get down the stairs by yourself let alone go to a room. Give her some space, she'll come out soon enough" I told him.  

"Your right" He sighed and I helped him onto the bed.  

"Do you need anything?" I asked.  

"Could I have some water?" Harry asked. I nodded and grabbed a glass of water and gave it to him. I sat down in the chair Charlie had used yesterday.  

"So how you feeling?" I asked.  

"Not as good as you are" He chuckled.  

"What do you mean?" I replied.  

"Niall told me what happened" He hinted.  

"When?" I exclaimed.  

"Early this morning"  

"I didn't feel him get up" I murmured.  

"I can tell he likes you" Harry told me with a smile.  

"We've only known each other for a few days" I protested.  

"So?" Harry shrugged.  

"Well I don't know much about him?" I said.  

"Are you kidding me? You guys have talked non stop since we got here. I'd be surprised if there was something you didn't know about each other" Harry explained, "I haven't seen him connect with someone so quickly, let alone a girl" 

I blushed "Really? Thanks Harry"  

He flashed me his side grin but then grimaced.  

"You need more ice?" I offered, noticing his wince.  

"That obvious?" Harry said.  

"Kinda" I said with a soft, sympathetic pat on his shoulder.  

I took the bags and went up the stairs. I put the ice in the bag and was going to make my way back down to Harry when I stopped in front of Charlie's door.   

I considered going in but I decided to just take my own advice and give her time.  

I crept back downstairs to find Harry fast asleep. He did have a very hard and very painful night. I put the ice on his back, since it was too painful to sleep on his back, and made my way back upstairs.  

I ran into Charlie coming out of her room, rubbing her bruised and red eyes.  

"Hey! You okay?" I asked.  

She shrugged "Better" 

I offered a sympathetic smile and couldn't help but pull her in for a hug.  

"Thanks" She murmured into my hair.  

We pulled away and she asked, "Where is everyone?"  

"They are still watching T.V. and Harry is sleeping" I told her.