Chapter 29

Charlotte's POV  

I heard the lock jerk back and the door handle jiggle. I didn't breath, in fact no one made a sound. All we could do was wait and watch. We didn't have time to hide and we would chance getting caught. We had to face them head on.  

"Why won't the car start-" Lucy started but her mouth dropped open when she made eye contact with me. The door bounced off the wall as the family stood frozen, staring at us.  

"Lucy" Peter said evenly "did you forget to lock the door?" 

Her mouth gaped open for a few seconds before stammering "Well, I-. I thought-. I don't know-" 

"Lucy!" Peter snapped "Did you or did you not lock the door?" 

"I didn't know" she finally admitted. I got closer to Harry and grabbed his hand. He squeezed it reassuringly and it helped me to calm down, only slightly.  

Peter shook his head, angry but still appearing calm.  

"I'm sorry Dad" Lucy whispered, dropping her head and not making eye contact. She seemed...scared of him. It was a little odd they were having a conversation right in front of us but they were crazy after all.  

"Why not just go back from where you came and avoid losing your life's" Peter suggested. I shivered, not liking what he was implying. Niall stepped closer to McKenna, gripping the knife he had took.  

No one replied so Peter said again "this is your last chance" 

"We are going home" Louis finally told him with balled fists. Peter finally showed anger and annoyance.  

"Fine" Peter spoke through his teeth. No one made a move though. Neither side wanted to start the fight. I looked around to all my friends; Zayn being supported by Liam while Claire stood on his other side, McKenna and Niall glued together each prepared to defend the other, and Louis looking like he could doze through a brick wall with his wide stance and balled fists.  

Jack finally moved forward and everything erupted. Harry was ripped from my side in seconds and I spun to see his attacker but was hit hard and was launched to the ground. My head cracked against the hardwood flooring and my vision blurred a little.  

On the way down, the knife had been knocked from my hand and skidded away. I felt more hits from above and I managed to open my eyes long enough to see Lucy. Of course it was her. I was sick and tired of taking her crap! 

In a moment of adrenalin, I rolled us over so I was now in control. I threw a few punches and she groaned, spitting a little blood on the floor. I threw another punch but she caught my fist. I tried again with my left hand, even though it was injured and would really hurt. Lucy caught that fist too making me hiss is pain and grit my teeth.  

She yanked me forward so that our faces were inches apart only to hit me in the head with hers, throwing me off. I rubbed my head, trying to focus and and get past the bewildering pain.  

I looked around and saw people struggling. Liam was trying to pry Peter off Niall, Zayn was dragging himself away from Billy, Jack and Harry were throwing punches left and right, Claire was evenly matched with Jenny, and McKenna was half conscious on the floor. I wanted to help them desperately but Lucy had recuperated enough to go at me again.  

She staggered over and we grabbed each other at the inside of the elbows. Lucy pushed me back and I stumble back into a table of things along the wall. I grabbed a blue vase and threw it at her. She batted it away and it smashed on the floor, scattering.  

Lucy kept coming and I picked up random things, picture frames, books, and statues, and continued to throw them. When I had nothing left, I tipped the glass table and ran. I heard it shatter behind me and Lucy stepped over it carefully and followed me.