"I'm so happy you called" he smiled, pulling out her seat and gesturing her to sit. He gave her a smile before leaning in, his voice quieter than before, "I always meet my private clients here. It's more comfortable than the office."

Bella nodded in understanding, "and it's more public" she retorted.

Jenks chuckled as she caught on, "ah."

"So, what type of work do you do, J?" Bella quizzed, cringing at how loud her voice came out.

Jenks smiled at her, "oh, you know, this and that" he ominously answered. "It's always different, which keeps it interesting."

Bella nodded, "have you known Alice and Jasper long?"

"Alice?" Jenks repeated, "I don't know an Alice, but I've been working with the Dovers for about 20 or so years, Mr. Hale just recently with Miss Dovers."

Bella's eyebrows raised in surprise, Jasper and Nixie set this up? But that would mean Nixie.... she quickly shook her thoughts away, getting back to the topic at hand.

"I trust that Miss Dovers and Mr. Jasper are enjoying their vacation" Jenks assumed while looking down at the table.

"He didn't tell you where they were going, did he?" Bella knew Jasper wasn't with Nixie, but if Jenks didn't know that then maybe it was for a reason.

The man in front of her shook is head, "no, no, no, he just mentioned that he was leaving when he came by to place his order" he informed.

Bella didn't know exactly what it was Nixie had Jasper get, but she didn't want Jenks to know that. Trying to play cool she looked up, "I assume that his order is ready?"

"Of course" Jenks scoffed, "I've never been late with a delivery." He slyly reached for the yellow envelope and slid it across the table.

Bella gripped the folder and peaked inside, grabbing the papers inside while Jenks looked around to make sure no one was watching. As soon as Bella pulled out a passport her heart dropped a little bit. She opened the two and almost gaped at the sight of Jake and Renesmee's faces.

Jenks saw the look and grew worried, "there a problem?"

"No" Bella forced out, "my husband and I thought that we'd all be traveling together."

"Jasper said Miss Dovers made it blatantly clear, only two were traveling" Jenks informed creating an even deeper pit in the vampires gut. "Her instructions were very clear."

Bella nodded in understanding, "it's my mistake" she grounded, annoyed by his cocky attitude. She quickly shoved the passports back into the envelope before mumbling, "apparently, that's not going to happen."

***

Nixie sat in the back of the room quietly, the lights dimmed enough so that she was hardly noticeable in her recliner. She heard footsteps coming towards the room and sighed, here we go. She watched the vampire shuffle around the room, pen and paper in hand as she sat at the table. Nixie uncrossed her legs and leaned forward, her body appearing in the light causing the other occupant of the room to look at her.

"You knew" they whispered, covering the paper and stepping closer, Bella eyes looked towards her friend. "You knew all this time."

"I'm sorry Bella" Nixie apologized, her eyes sad as she stared at her friend. "This is the only way to keep her safe, to keep her alive." Nixie didn't dare speak a word of anything she was thinking, afraid that there were ears prying. She knew as soon as Bella went to Jenks her secret was out, it was only a matter of time.