~|^[2]^|~

Edited by GivingLove10 

...

The now 24-year-old, Kim Taehyung stood up in front of the door with a hand placed gently on the door frame.

"It's been 2 days already. Did they forget about me?" he mumbled to himself with a weak voice. It has been 2 days since he last ate, and the 3rd day was about to begin.

He took a quick step back as he suddenly heard weird sounds.

"Fireworks?" he asked himself with confusion written on his face.

"Again! It's been only 1 month since Christmas. No way!"

He knocked on the door and with every knock, his hand hurt tremendously from the harsh metal door. Due to his weak and malnourished body, everything hurt.

Click Clack

That's a sound he heard multiple times, for almost every day of his life, the sound of the large rusted lock coming undone.

"Mr.Hanze, do you remember now?"

Taehyung took a step back, waiting for the butler to come in but no one did. He looked confused at the door not understanding his current situation

"The lock is already open," stated Taehyung.

So you better stop whining and start looking for a way out'

Those words came across Taehyung's mind immediately, but he suddenly became horrified; he didn't know how things would be on the outside. His brain was in war, debating whether to leave or stay. Then a scream of ′get me out of here' lingered throughout his head like a siren, signalling him to leave.

He held the door's knob, pushing the door but nothing happened. "How do I open the door?" he wondered as he sat on his knees with his eyes close to the handle, looking at it and trying to take in all its details.

After moments of exploration, he pressed on the circle in the middle of the knob which was in a circular shape too. The switch made a sound, allowing him to finally open the door.

The resonance of the door creaking made goosebumps run through his skin, and the feeling of finally getting out, made him scared to the core. A world he didn't know of, a world he didn't understand; to make it sound more realistic a new world for a 24-year-old man who has been locked up his entire life.

He cautiously took one step outside the door, inhaling, harshly worried if the air was toxic outside the room maybe that's one reason for him to be locked away, but no he inhaled harshly the fresh air.

"Young me I'm finally out, and 22 years old me thank you for not surrendering," he told himself as a smile crept on his face, but with little fear showing in his eyes.

Questions like who opened the door and who locked him there didn't cross his mind. He just stepped outside the cell, empty-minded as he looked back at the room he used to call prison for a long time. Then he looked behind him to see a familiar uniform which belonged to a police officer who by chance was pointing a gun at him; surely Taehyung wasn't aware of the gun being a gun because the books he had read were limited, with almost no pictures. Therefore, he used his imagination to picture the description given in those books.

"Who are you and what's your name young man?" yelled the officer.

Taehyung flinched, holding his ears in the process not understanding why that person needed to raise his voice.

"My name is Kim Taehyung, did something happen to Mr.Hanze? He didn't come to my room for 3 days," asked Taehyung with a worried voice.

"What? No one is here. You are the only person left in this mansion. You have to come with us for interrogational reasons," explained the police officer, petrifying Taehyung.

Taehyung had read some crime stories, and he knew that he was in trouble, but he was too weak to ask questions, or even talk. Immediately after the officer finished talking, Taehyung had collapsed in front of him.

The officer grabbed the walkie-talkie in a hurry, "I need assistance! Someone was left behind, and he has lost consciousness! Call an ambulance now!" ordered the police officer.

"Roger that Officer Jin," said the other officer on the other line.

A few minutes later the ambulance came and took Taehyung to the hospital; both the officers followed the unconscious boy who was currently being treated.

Taehyung laid on a bed with an IV hanging beside his bed all the way down to his wrist.

"His body is too weak. He needs full care. He has signs of anaemia," the doctor told the two officers.

At that moment, Taehyung opened his eyes weakly and attempted to scan his surroundings, but it was too bright; his eyes hurt him tremendously, and in no time, he started feeling pain in his wrist, causing him to look at it and start panicking. He immediately removed the needle, ignoring the stinging pain and rolled under the covers.

"Too bright and too painful! It hurts, get me out of here! I promise I won't do anything wrong!" Tae pleaded from underneath the covers.

"Hey! Calm down young man, we won't hurt you, can you please get out from under the covers! I need to check your vitals," said the doctor in a concerned tone.

"But it's too bright my eyes hurt!"

"I can't turn off the lights since there are other patients here."

"Patients?" asked Taehyung unable to grasp his situation.

The police officers watched the scene without uttering a word, trying to comprehend what's happening.

"Am I at a hospital?" Taehyung asked, with only his eyes showing from underneath the covers.

"Yeah, you are. Do you have any guardians?" asked the doctor, hoping to find out what's wrong with the kid in front of him.

Taehyung slowly sat up straight but still wrapped his body with the covers; the only thing visible now was his face.

After his eyes adjusted to the light, he asked "guardians? Aren't those the ones who are family members?" The doctor nodded in agreement which left Taehyung attempting to think of anyone, but he was left blank.

"The only family members I know are my mother and father. I don't know where my father is, but my mother is dead; I don't remember how or when, but young me said, 'she died' ever since then I've been locked, and I know nothing."

Both the police officers looked at each other in shock and then refocused back on the doctor who was confused as well. The doctor pulled both the officers outside the room in an attempt to talk to them.

"I don't know what happened to him, but you need to look into it. He says he's been locked away since he was young. This kid needs professional help. I don't think he'll do you any good for your investigation."

Both the officers nodded and went back inside the room.

"I didn't introduce myself. My name is Kim Seokjin. You said your name is Kim Taehyung, isn't it?"

Taehyung agreed while smiling as Jin continued, "How about you stay over at my place for now until we figure out how to help you?"