8. New Man In Charge

Start from the beginning

Shit.

"She's in the car!" I spoke calmly still entangled in his mess of roots and vines.

"Maverick I know you're the youngest, but how can you be so stupid! You kidnapped her!"

"What the fuck was I suppose to do Kenz!? Leave her in her apartment untended!? If it wasn't for Nixon we wouldn't even be in this mess, now please let me the fuck out of this hold so I can get her home before she wakes up, or I will burn this fucking forest to the ground." I said seriously,

"She is safe we will attend to her, but not until I figure out what the fuck is going on!" He turned to face Nixon, while Tusco stood on the sideline just observing the action.

"I have no hope for you. I've had enough of your bullshit over these last twelve years. All you do is cause havoc and pain towards the humans and I'm done looking for a redeemable quality in you. I don't think you have any. You're out of the coven, we're done with you." He was sad to say those words I could tell, but he still kept a strong face as he did. He was a leader and he knew how to be one.

This was the right choice to make. Nixon was trouble and he even pulled Tusco into his bullshit black magic.

"No" Tusco objected.

Is he fucking playing.

My eyes big, how can he protect him, how can he-

That's right. It's his daddy issues talking.

"If you kick him out he won't help us bring our father back from the dead."

"This bullshit again!?" I was done with these clowns. I just wanted to get Rhy home before she woke up. I thought Kenzo would understand that because his main goal is to protect the coven and to protect our secret,

But I understood that he just wanted to figure out one problem at a time and she wasn't on the top of his priorities right now, although she was on mine.

"What are you talking about Tusco?" He had a blank look on his face as his eyes darted between the three of us as the woman with the dreads stood calmly, without intervening.

She had a calm darkness to her that couldn't figure out.

"Tell him." Tusco said sheepishly as he looked over at Nixion and then Nix spoke "Thanks to my lovely black magic witch and lover, Aleta. We had found a location spell strong enough to break the barrier of our fathers hiding spell, and it turns out he is dead." He nodded, as his...I suppose, girlfriend, smiled. 

"I stole the grimoire from you." Tus had admitted to him and then continued "I saw a resurrection spell and took a picture of it." He swallowed "I showed it to Nixion and Aleta."

"The resurrection spell in your grimoire is for plants and animals, not humans nor witches." She spoke, "but I have ties to powerful Salem black magic witches and they know a spell to bring him back, but it will possible require the magic of all four of the mysterious elemental witches, his children."

"What? This is-" Kenz tried catch his breath "wait- this can't-"

"You used black magic to find our father?" He was now looking at Tus, "you murdered, that's not you Tusco. What is happening to you brother!?" He spoke with eyes of a mother who had found out that their son was growing up and choosing a life she never wanted for him,

But in someways I felt protective over Tusco's feelings as if he was my kid too, although he was older, but I loved him with every fiber in me even if he fucks up. He's my brother and no one is going to make him feel like shit,

besides me.

"Don't do that! He was vulnerable and he wants to know our father and I might not agree with his actions but Tusco's the only one amongst the four of us that never got a chance to know his true parents. His birth mother rejected him and he wanted to know his father. I understand why he turned to black magic for answers. I don't condemn it but I understand it. So lay the fuck off."