forty four

on natalie and corinna's birthday, i went to chicago with them, david using the opportunity to take me to meet his parents. i only knew his dad, but it was nothing much, we weren't really together at that time, so it made me feel a bit nervous about it. meeting parents was a really big deal to me, even more when there were siblings involved. i'm terrified of teenagers, and even though i knew that david's sisters were okay, it didn't make it any worse for me.

david held my hand throughout the drive to his childhood home, his fingers slowly tracing the lines of the palm of my hand, sometimes going up to feel the traces of my tattoo. he even raised my hand a couple of times, kissing the back of it to make sure that it would be fine. once we got there, he talked to me in the car, reassuring me that they would love me, not letting me exit the car without being 100% that i was okay. and, of course, it went more than okay.

his mom was the sweetest person ever, the accent made her look even more cute than she already was. i was instantly in love with her. his dad was a little quieter than her, but treated me just as amazing as she did. his younger brother, toby, was cute, but didn't talk much, still but he was polite and nice whenever he did. ester and sara - especially sara, were a little bit shy at first, but i did my best at talking to them, so by lunch, we were already talking a lot about futile stuff. i was satisfied with that, relieved that they, apparently, liked me, or at least tolerated me.

on lunch, mrs. dobrik talked a lot about david's childhood, telling me a few stories about his behaviour, classic mom stuff, promising me that she would show me pictures that she had of his tantrums. david wasn't fazed at all, he just laughed it off and helped her with the storyline. when her and palo got up to go grab the dessert, david put his hand on my thigh and leaned in, mumbling, "are you okay now?"

i smiled, "of course, they're amazing." i told him quietly.

he only grinned and kissed my cheek before they came back, earning fake gags from his siblings. he flipped then off, his mom soon exclaiming something in hungarian to him. after we finished eating, david wanted to show me his old bedroom, grabbing me by the hand and leading me upstairs to his room. it wasn't much, nothing out of the ordinary, just a boy's room, organized since no one lived there. he closed the door as i looked around before sitting down on his bed. i glanced over at him, seeing that he was already staring at me.

"15 old me would never believe me if i told him i would have such a pretty girl in this room." he commented, making me blush.

"shut up." i rolled my eyes jokingly and david stepped closer, standing between my legs. "don't act like you never had girls in this room before."

he leaned in, pecking my lips, "only like, friends, and my ex."

"oh, so teenage david never made out on this bed with a pretty high school crush?" i raised my eyebrows, pushing him down to lay with me.

he shook his head, "babe, i was weird as fuck, no girl wanted to get in bed with me."

i giggled, "i would still date you, you know?"

david let out a loud laugh, dropping his body to lay beside me, "angel don't act like high school me was your type! hell, i wasn't even your type when we first met!"

"how can you say that?!" i pretended to be offended. "of course you were! chubby cheeks, nice curly, brown hair, my type!"

he rolled his eyes, smiling, "zac told me you guys called me cute butt, he even told me about the bet you guys made. he thought i was your type, but i looked at your ex's picture, blonde, italian, tall as fuck, could not be me."

i rested on my elbows to look down at him, "why did you do that? like, you weren't comparing yourself to ashton, right?"

david suddenly looked guilty, embarrassed, so he just shrugged. "i mean, kind of, couldn't help myself."