thirty one

angelamartis posted on her story !

___

we got back to los angeles on thursday morning and i slept throughout the flight since i still had to teach later that day. natalie dropped me off at my place and i thanked them for the trip before entering my building. the first thing i did when i opened my door, was to look for salem to make sure she was alive. again, i asked my neighbor to watch her and i got a little worried, even though he did that for me every time. 

the next week felt like a complete chaos. i had my first rehearsal on monday, and all the other days of the week, except weekends. it was a lot since i still had four students and had to make it double because of my absence last week. the rehearsals were amazing, so many great musicians there, i almost felt insecure when i played. however, i had so much fun. the people weren't that charismatic or loving, but it was so cool to play there, with all of those people along with me. i felt blissful. 

i was also tired. so tired that i couldn't even explain how. the only time i had for myself was at night, but all i only practiced and slept, just to wake up eight am. on friday, i hopped in a plane to texas for the annual family baseball game. it wasn't an obligation, but it was a tradition from matt's family, they were always so kind to invite me, even though i wasn't part of the family. 

i couldn't help but feel a little sad that i didn't see david the entire week because i was so busy with my new routine, and when he thought we would finally have time, i went to texas. we tried though, but our texts were basically him asking if i was free and me telling him that i wasn't. and that happened every single day of the week. 

the trip to texas was really funny and made me forget about everything i needed to do the next week. our team lost the game and the rest of matt's family made a lot of fun of us. on sunday, when it was night time, i went back home, knowing that matt was staying for a few more days and was going to spend his birthday there. it was kind of a relief to know that i didn't need to plan a birthday party for him like i always did. 

on wednesday, my student cancelled with me, so i decided to make david a surprise. i hopped inside my car and drove to his place, not letting anyone know about my visit. when i got there, i stopped to think if i should knock or if i just entered. since we got a little more intimate these past few months, i stopped knocking and he didn't mind. but know he didn't know i was here, so...

my thoughts were interrupted by natalie, who opened the door for me, ending my dilemma. "hey! i didn't know you were coming!" she gave me space to enter. i stepped in, taking my shoes off.

i shrugged. "i wanted to make a surprise." i looked at the living room, finding erin, carly, corinna, jason, and david. the four of them were busy doing random stuff and david was fast asleep on the couch. jason's mom was there too, using her laptop on the glass table. "of course he's sleeping." i greeted everyone before crouching down in front of him.