fifteen

matt gave me a ride to heath's house where he was throwing a party because of his new house. on the way there, i told matt and zac everything that happened the day before. matt said david didn't do anything with the girl because he went home with david, but i didn't care. it was a low move, and only proved me that he didn't want anything to do with me. i was still sad and angry when we got there, but i put on my best smile, greeting mariah and heath. mariah showed me around and the house was really pretty. then, we went outside where everyone was, including david. he was really hot wearing his 'et' shirt, but i decided to look away, knowing that i was probably staring too much.

matt handed me a glass of water and i sat down by his side. we talked with some people for a while, until mariah came to grab my hand. "come on, let me introduce you to liza." she said.

and there she was. "hey, you must be angie." she smiled.

"it's really nice to meet you." i gave her a quick hug. "i heard a lot about you." i giggled.

"i hope they were all good things." she laughed. mariah excused us and left. me and liza talked a lot, mentioning everything that we had in common. it was pretty weird how similar we were, but at the same time, we were very different.

then, david approached us and my smile quickly faded away. "if you guys excuse me." i mumbled. "it was really nice to meet you liza." i gave her a quick smile before stepping away from them. i entered the house, finding natalie, cas and two other girls with them. "i think i wanna go home." i sat down by their side. "hi, i'm angie." i said to the two girls i didn't know, finding out they were stassie and kelsey.

"is everything okay?" stassie asked.

i smiled. "yeah, it's just... boys," i sighed. "i kinda hate them."

they chuckled. "we feel you." kelsey said taking a sip of her beer.

"did he do something?" nat asked.

"well, he's still breathing, so yeah." i mumbled, resting my chin on my hand. "can we change the subject to something more entertaining?"

and so cas did. i mentally thanked her, listening to the story she was telling us, trying to not think about him. it was impossible. i could see him perfectly from where i was sitting, and i swear i tried to look away, but my eyes were glued on him. suddenly, someone hit me in the arm from behind. i turned on my seat, seeing zac. "stop fucking staring." he mumbled. "hey stass, hey kels." he greeted the two girls with a hug. i had no idea he already knew them.

i looked at the girls. "sorry, be right back." i said to them before getting up to follow my best friend that was leaving already. "it's not like i'm not trying." i groaned.

zac stopped on his track and turned to face me. "baby, he already noticed something was up, he asked me about it when you went to sit down with the girls, now you're staring at him with this mix of anger and passion, are you what? begging him to come talk to you?"

i bit my bottom lip. "maybe?" i told him the truth. "i mean, i want him to talk to me, but at the same time i really don't."

"he will eventually going to talk to you, just," he grabbed my hand and we sat down where i first was, with matt, mike, dominic, zane and some other guys i didn't know. "sit here and wait." i frowned. "think about what you're going to say to him, i don't know, distract yourself before you have a total break down here at the party."

zac was right. it was a little bit absurd how well he knew me. i sat there, just listening to their conversation, not really paying attention, with my thoughts on someone else that wasn't them. i sighed and rested my head on zac's shoulder.

i didn't even know why i came here today. i knew he was going to be at heath's, i caused this to myself and now i had to deal with it. i wanted so bad to get up and talk to him, to scream at him, telling how stupid he was, and how shitty he made me feel. however, i was tired of this. that's exactly why i didn't want to get involved with anyone for now. caleb was a total prick, and now david turned out to be one too. maybe i should start focusing on girls only. i had my experience with some, almost dated a girl from my class, but it never worked out. maybe the problem was me after all. i guess i don't fit with anyone.

"what's up with the sad face martis?" i quickly snapped my head up when i heard david's voice. he was there, standing in front of me with his goofy grin.

"just tired." i lied, avoiding his eyes.

david hummed and crouched down in front of me to be on my eye level. "can we talk for a moment?" he asked.

zac elbowed me and i nodded. "sure." i stood up and he led me to a place more quiet, turning around the corner, near the trash cans from the house. how pleasant. i leaned against the wall behind me after checking if it wasn't dirty, and david stayed in front of me. "what do you want to talk about?" i asked crossing my arms.

"are you mad at me or something?" he asked and i scoffed.

"no david, of course not, why would i be?" i let the sarcasm obvious so he could understand.

"i see." he took one step closer to me. "was it because of yesterday?"

"why would it be?" i tilted my head to the side.

"well," he adjusted his hat on top of his head. "i'm not dumb, i saw you flirting with mike on purpose right in front of me."

i blushed and bit the inside of my cheek. "it wasn't on purpose." i lied.

david let out a type of scoff with a laugh. "as i said, i'm not dumb, martis." he stepped closer.

i raised one eyebrow at him. "why so?"

"if you were really into mike, you would be with him today, and well... you're not." he shrugged and i started to get nervous.

"that doesn't mean anything." i quickly replied.

"let's say it doesn't." he was even more closer to me. "you left him as soon as i left with hannah, now it makes sense?"

"oh, her name is hannah?" i raised my eyebrows in a teasing way.

"yeah, hannah the girl who works for a company that is trying to sponsor me, this hannah." i got taken back with the information, suddenly feeling a rush of embarrassment take over me. however, i didn't let it show. "why? jealous?" he had a stupid smirk on his face.

i scoffed, unfolding my arms. "you wish."

david hummed and leaned in, brushing some hair behind my ear. "don't try to deny it, martis, i saw the way you looked at us talking, you were clearly jealous."

"oh, dobrik," i shook my head. "you don't know nothing about me."

his breath was now hitting my face and our lips almost brushing. "i don't?" he murmured, leaning in to kiss the corner of my lips. "if i don't know you, how could i know that you're having goosebumps everywhere because of my touch?" his fingers danced on my skin, stopping in my exposed waist, bringing my body closer to him. "and how could i know that you're desperate to kiss me right now, but you don't want to drop the act?" this time, he kissed my jawline and i almost moaned when david buried his fingers in my skin.

i wanted to push him away, to slap him hard, but at the same time, it felt good to be at his mercy. i bit my bottom lip as he started to kiss my neck. "i hate you." i whispered.

david looked up, smiling. "i know you do," then, we heard someone call for his name, he looked away and brought his eyes back to mine. "come over to my place tonight." he wetted his lips.

"can't, i came here with matt." my fingertips traveled his chest to stop at his neck.

"we can go back together." he shrugged and i bit my bottom lip.

"but there's natalie." i started to play with hair that the hat didn't cover. "not like a plan to do something with you or anything, it's just that she knows i'm mad at you, and i don't want her to think bad stuff about me." i quickly added.

david chuckled. "don't worry about that." the person called for his name another time. then, david surprised me when he gave me a quick peck. "please come." he said before leaving.

i leaned more against the wall behind me, smiling. what did i get myself into?