twenty four

i texted david at least fifteen times, telling him to not come over to my house. i just wanted to be alone for now, i needed to really process everything before talking to him. however, it was too late. david was now knocking on my door and i didn't know what to do. "go away david." i said, stopping in front of the door, without opening it.

"we need to talk, angela, please let me in." he knocked again and i sniffed. "i can hear you crying, just..." he sighed. then, a few seconds later, he opened my door, making me remember that i didn't lock it. i always forget to lock it when i usually stayed at home, and now i was facing the consequences of it. "you should really start locking your door." david closed it behind him and i turned on my heels to not face him. "you know that what she said wasn't true, right?" 

"how can i know david? it makes perfect sense." i wiped a few tears away. "i really like you, but i'm hurting you, it would be even more selfish if i said to you that we should ignore it and keep going." 

"angela..." i heard him stepping closer. "what i told her is that i don't know what to do, that i get confused sometimes, i didn't blame you, i just said that sometimes... sometimes i'm afraid, afraid that this won't go anywhere." he whispered and i shivered when he touched my arms. "because i haven't liked anyone for so long, i don't want to screw up." david rested his hands on my shoulders now. "we've been taking this so slowly that i panicked, thinking that you will give up at any minute, and i just want to be with you, but..." he sighed.

"dave..." i turned around to look at him, still crying. "remember when i was drunk and i told you that i really, really liked you?" he nodded. "i wasn't lying, i really do, in a way that i've never liked anyone." i confessed. "with that, i want our first kiss to be special, but the perfect time didn't happen yet, that's why i step away every time, you know?" 

"i get it." he wiped away a few of my tears.

"i'm not playing with your feelings, god, i could never do that to you." i rested my head against his chest, feelings his fingers starting to play with my hair. "i know it's hard to trust me, because you don't have a background or anything," i rolled my eyes. "but please, i've never been more honest in my entire life." 

"hey, look at me." he whispered and so i did, wiping away my tears, finally stopping to cry. "i trust you, i really do, angie," i gave him a tiny smile. "i don't care if natalie doesn't, she is not part of this, this is between me and you only, okay?"

i nodded. "okay." i mumbled.

"i'm sorry again, she misunderstood what i've told her and it made you cry, so i'm sorry." he pushed me back to his chest and i wrapped my arms around his middle, inhaling his scent. 

"i'm the one who should be apologizing." i started to rub his back with my thumb.

"don't worry, everything is fine now." he kissed the top of my head. then, after a couple of minutes, we decided to sit on the couch, david pushing me back to his arms. "how was your week?" he asked as i was scrolling through my netflix, picking a movie for us to watch.

i shrugged, putting a pillow on top of his lap, laying there, his hand found its way to rest on my stomach. "i got fired." i simply replied.

"really? why?" he frowned, rubbing his thumb on my shirt. i smiled when i felt his fingers sliding inside it to touch my skin, the feeling of his cartier ring making me shiver. 

"remember caleb?" david nodded, looking at the tv when high school musical started playing. "i used to teach his sister, that's how i met him, and i thought they would fire me a long time ago, so i wasn't really surprised."

"i see." we both stayed in silence, watching the first scenes from the movie.

"can we make a duet?" i suggested, looking up at him, earning another frown. "you can be troy and i gabriella so we can sing 'start of something new' together?"