sixteen

i did go to david's house later that day. matt dropped me off at my place and i took a quick shower so i could put on more comfortable clothes and fed salem before leaving. he was alone as he said he would be and we talked all night. we watched a movie laying down on his couch, with my head resting on top of his shoulder, until i decided to tell him the things that went through my mind during the day. 

i told him the truth. i told him that i liked him, but i liked his friendship even more, and owning to that fact, i would like to enjoy it a little bit longer than mere two months that we had. david understood when i said i wanted to take things slow before we decide on doing something stupid or reckless, without caring about the upcoming consequences. he agreed with the decision of being only friends for now. 

with that, we continued our movie until it was very late and i decided to go home, because it was sunday after all. i got back to my apartment, happy with the decision we made. that was the only thing i was afraid of: losing his friendship. i know we just met, but it felt like i knew him for years, like we knew each other from our previous life. it was crazy how i trusted him so fast. that didn't happen with matt or zac, we had to built a friendship, but with david it seemed like it was already there, just waiting for the both of us to find it. 

what surprised me most, even though i thought all of this, was to hear david saying this himself. he was telling jason about being arrested in his own driveway, when he mentioned my name. "oh, my heart flutters when i hear angela's name." jason said putting his hand on his chest, making david chuckle. "she's such a precious girl, i love her.

"i know, she's amazing." david added. "we actually met her like, two months ago?" jason nodded, with a small 'yeah'. "we met angela through our friend matt, matt king, and everyone is in love with her, really.

"i love her like my daughter now." jason said and i laughed watching them on my tv. 

"angie's so fucking smart, like, she paints, she plays the piano and teaches little kids how to, it's really amazing what she does." david adjusted himself on the couch. 

"we weren't surprised when we met her, seeing how smart she was, because matt himself is pretty clever too." jason added. 

"i was dumbfounded hearing her speak to us, and i got even more when she started to hang out with us and become part of the friend group.

"our friend group needs a balance, like we have jonah, who is dumb as fuck, and now angie to make it even." jason joked, making david laugh. then, they started talking about other stuff. 

later that week, david surprised us all when he bought his ferrari before they all went to coachella. i squealed in excitement, knowing that it was his dream car. he was so happy and looked so cute, that i hugged tightly. "congratulations, dobrik!" i exclaimed, knowing that he was filming everyone's reaction to put on his vlog later. "you didn't chickened out this time, yay!" i joked, knowing that he almost bought this car a million times, but he always ended giving up moments later.

"i almost did actually." he laughed.

i pushed his shoulder slightly. "you're such a pussy sometimes." i rolled my eyes. this part did ended up in his vlog, and i showed my siblings after.

brandon and carina came over so we could spend some time together and watch the first episode of 'game of thrones' season eight when it aired. "so you guys are really friends now, huh?" carina asked, raising her eyebrows at me.

"yeah, he's nice." i shrugged while showing them the old man prank they did with me.

"do you like him?" brandon asked as he played with salem.