twenty nine

later in the morning, david texted me for the fifth time asking if i was coming to his house, saying that he needed to give me his present. i only said i was on my way, entering my bathroom to take a long shower. feeling my body a little sore, i spent at least fifteen minutes under the warm water, enjoying my relaxing time. i washed my body and my hair and got out of the shower after staying there for way too long. i chose my outfit, putting on my clothes to go blow-dry my hair. i didn't feel like putting makeup on, so i just went to look for my pair of vans.

david decided to call me while i sat down to play with salem for a bit, feeling like i wasn't giving her much attention, but i just declined the call, receiving another dozen of texts, not caring to look at them anymore. a few minutes later, i got a call, notifying me that carly and erin were here. "holy shit, we've been waiting for you for at least half an hour!" erin exclaimed, stepping inside when i opened the door. i was so confused at that moment.

"what are you guys doing here?" i asked, looking at carly.

"david asked us to come pick you up because you don't have a car. we tried to text you, but i guess you didn't read them." carly explained.

i shrugged. "i have a car, it's just... broken." erin raised her eyebrows. "if i knew it were you guys i would've answered, i was just enjoying some time alone before heading to david's."

"we get it, it's david. he insisted for us to come pick you up because he's pumped with your birthday present." erin said, crouched to pet salem.

"oh yeah! happy birthday!" carly hugged me, making me chuckle.

erin also wished me happy birthday before we three left. i told them everything about the party yesterday while erin drove, not mentioning the part where david and i kissed, not knowing if he wanted me to tell them or not. it was just them, but i thought it was better this way to keep private if david wanted. when we got there, we entered his house, finding that jason, matt, zac and zane were there too. "where's natalie?" i asked taking my shoes off, their attention turning to me by the door.

"you're here!" zac stood up to get closer to me, hugging me tightly. "happy birthday, beautiful girl!"

i laughed. "yeah, thanks." he pushed away, kissing my left cheek.

behind him, the others were waiting to wish me happy birthday too. after that, we sat down on the couch, david finding his way to sit beside me. "answering your question, natalie's out right now, she went to pick some stuff for me." he said, one arm around my shoulders.

everyone was now talking, not really paying attention to me, so i looked at david, leaning in to whisper in his ear. "we need to talk."

he locked his phone, his gaze meeting mine. "what is it?" his voice was low, noticing that i didn't want everyone to hear us.

"so, matt and jason are the only ones beside us that know about me and you kissing." david nodded for me to continue. "i don't know if you want to tell anyone, like natalie or carly and erin, like if you want to keep it a secret or not...''

david shrugged. "you can tell them if you want, i kissed you in front of everyone, if i didn't want you to tell them i would've done the other way." he brushed my hair behind my ear.

i smiled. "okay then." after that, natalie arrived, giving me a quick hug before rushing towards her bedroom. a few minutes later, she came back, handing david a small bag.

"give me a second." he mumbled, standing up to grab his camera on the lovesac. then, he started filming. "okay, so, we are all gathered here for something special." he filmed all of us, stopping on me.