ten

me and david spent the entire week away from each other, just talking via text messages. he didn't mention anything about our date and i didn't either, afraid that he could change his mind. when i told zac and matt, they both got really happy, saying that i was finally going out with someone decent. with that, i also figured out that zane was into it too, seeing that zac texted him about my date. after a few minutes, he came to my place and they all started talking about how we would make the perfect couple. matt knew i hated this, but he did it anyways, joining my other two annoying friends.

it was finally saturday, and david texted me the details. they were simply, saying that we were going out during the day, and he was coming to pick me up at 4 pm. i took a quick shower and started to look for decent clothes. rex orange county played on my speakers and i sang along, trying a few blouses. i found a cute look after a while and put on, finishing with my black vans. i fixed my hair before starting to clean up my place, noticing that i left a mess behind me while getting ready.

i was putting more water for salem when my phone rang, showing a new notification. i went to look and it was david, saying that he was here. i grabbed a jacket and my stuff to leave, deciding to use the elevator this time. i had a feeling that i was forgetting something, but i checked everything, and i wasn't missing anything. when i was exiting the building, i remembered. i forgot to put on my bra. i cursed myself internally, knowing that my nipples were probably already poking out, showing something that only a few guys knew about: my nipple piercing. i got it when i was 18 and was really proud of myself for getting them. "did you fucking froze or something?" david's voice brought me back to reality and i noticed i was standing awkwardly in the middle of the building door. "get in martis!"

i hopped in, smiling. "sorry, i was just thinking." i said and put on my jacket so it could cover my breasts.

david started to drive and went directly to choose one song. "you're gonna like this one." he said, seeing that i rolled my eyes at his action. when the first chords of 'sign of the times' started to play, i almost died right there.

"oh my god, no!" i exclaimed. "i'm gonna cry, shit." david turned the volume up and we sang along. i love harry styles with all my heart since forever and everyone knew about it. i usually cried listening to sign of the times and today wasn't different. i cried a little without david noticing, of course. i wiped away some tears when kiwi played right after.

we sang from the top of our lungs and i didn't care that david heard me singing, right in that moment, it was just us enjoying some good music. we sang half of the album when he parked in front of chipotle. "i gotta say, you have a beautiful voice," he took his seatbelt off. "is that what you were hiding from me martis?" he looked at me with his intense gaze.

i blushed. "shut up." i shot him a glare before we hopped off. i decided to let david choose my order, saying that he should surprise me since he was the king of chipotle. we got our orders and went back to the car. "where to?" i said putting 'woman' to play.

"somewhere." he simply said and i rolled my eyes, turning the volume up once again. david drove for a few more minutes until he parked in the same beach we went on valentine's day.

"ran out of ideas?" i mocked as he started to grab his things so we could hop off.

he didn't respond and threw a little blanket at me. "grab this and let's go." he mumbled and we hopped off, taking our food with us, leading me to go down to the sand. "we are having a picnic at the beach." david said with a cheerful voice.

i smiled and looked around, seeing that it was us and a few people here and there. i helped him set the blanket down, putting our stuff on top of it. we sat down a few inches away from each other right after. "natalie had this idea actually." he confessed and i raised my eyebrows. "matt helped a bit too."