twenty

i woke up with someone shaking me slightly. i opened my eyes, but quickly closed them because of the bright lights from the bar. i sat up straight because i was sleeping with my head rested on my folded arms. "hey lady, we are about to close, you should wake up." i heard the voice from the sweet old man i met earlier that night.

"what? for how many hours i slept?" i asked, rubbing my eyes. i could feel that i was still drunk.

"just an hour, you slept after the fifth drink you had." he chuckled patting my back. "you should go home, it's almost five in the morning." he warned. "is there someone you would like me to call?" he offered and i shook my head.

"i don't think there's someone up right now." i laughed softly, stretching my back. "but, anyway, thank you so much, it was fun... man." 

"there's no problem, you're an amazing girl." he smiled. "i'm just worried about how you'll get home." 

"i'll just walk, i live close." i said getting up, but almost falling because of my lack of balance. i drank way too much. i could barely remember what me and the guy talked. i mean, i don't even remember his name for god's sake! 

"what about that guy you talked the whole night? what was his name?" he furrowed his eyebrows trying to remember. 

"matt?" i tried. i didn't know who i talked about, but i'm pretty sure it was him.

"no, that one i remember, he's a prick." he joked, making me laugh. "the one you said about the nice butt and fluffy hair." 

i laughed. "oh! david?" i questioned between giggles. 

he chuckled with my reaction. "call him, it's your better option, i mean, you talked a lot about him tonight, he looks like a good guy." 

"i will try, but i think he will get mad or something, we'll see." i simply replied and looked at him waiting for him to leave.

"i'm not leaving until he gets here." he said like he read my mind. "i still have to close this place, so hurry." he turned his back, going to help the barman. i didn't even know he owned this place.

i hesitantly grabbed my phone inside my pocket and bit my bottom lip, calling david. when it rang for a few long seconds, i started to curse myself. of course he wouldn't answer, it was four in the morning, he went to a party, why would he still be up? "hello?" his raspy voice surprised me and i held a loud gasp.

"hey dave." i smiled. "sorry to wake you up, i didn't have anyone else to call and i kinda need your help, like really bad." i cleared my throat. "i had a huge fight with matt last night and i think i've done something stupid, because i'm at a bar close to my apartment, and now the owner won't let me leave if someone don't come here to pick me up, and i'm fucking scared because he seemed to be such a nice old man, but i'm afraid that he will close this place with me inside." i rambled.

"hey, slow down, slow down." david said and i heard shifting over the phone. "are you drunk?" his question made me laugh.

"a little, like, it's so out of character, right?" i said between giggles. "i was fine until i called you, i mean, i can't stop fucking rambling. i guess you make me nervous... yeah, that's probably it." i sighed. "please come pick me up, the guy won't let me go walking and i live so close!" i whined. "zac is out of town and matt is really mad at me, he called me selfish and stupid and we never had a fight like this and now i'm sad." i felt my eyes fill with tears. god, what was happening to me? "there's a new episode of game of thrones today and if i don't get home before it airs i'll literally cry."

"it's only four am." david chuckled and i whined. "okay, okay, text me where you are and i'll be there as fast as i can.

i sighed in relief. "thank you so, so much, dobrik, you're the coolest friend ever!"