seventeen

angelamartis posted on her story !

___

before getting into my flight, i called every family that i worked with, telling them i had some family emergency so i wasn't able to teach that week because i was flying back to austin, scheduling for the next week. i also texted matt and zac telling them where i was going, owning to the fact that they were both at coachella for the weekend. so, monday morning, me, carina and brandon got in a flight back to texas. they talked to me a lot during the flight so i could distract myself.

when we arrived, i decided to stay at brandon's place and went directly to the guest room to get some sleep. i woke up a couple of hours later, with carina calling for my name. i took a quick shower and brushed my teeth while showering before putting on a random outfit. without talking much, we three entered brandon's car so he could drive to our dad's house. he stopped at starbucks because i asked and bought me an iced coffee. "he's married." he suddenly said after he got our orders. "and he recently had a kid, not like, recently two weeks ago, but two years." i nodded. "it's a beautiful girl, her name is astrid, and his wife's name is monica."

"cool." it was i could say at that moment. i figured he had another family, i mean, it has been ten years, if he didn't get married over the years, i would be surprised. when he parked in front of a huge house, my jaw dropped. i knew we weren't poor when we lived together, i just didn't know he was this rich. the house was two times bigger than david's. "this is fucking huge!" i let out.

"yeah, he got a nice job after he got divorced." carina said, chuckling.

"it's really nice." i took off my seatbelt, handing carina my empty cup. "i guess i will just knock on the door?" i looked at them, feeling nervous. "are you guys even sure he's home?"

until now, i was fine, however, standing a few meters away from his front door, my hands were sweating and my whole body was shaking. "just go angie, he will be very happy to see you." brandon stretched his arm to give my hand a light squeeze.

i took a deep breath and hopped off the car. brandon immediately took off as i walked to the front door. i rang the doorbell and put my hands inside my pockets, waiting until someone opened the door for me. a few seconds later, a beautiful, like really beautiful, blonde lady opened it for me, a big and bright smile on her face. i couldn't help but smile back. "can i help you?" she asked.

"hi, uh, yeah..." i cleared my throat. "i'm looking for adrian, i'm... i'm angela, his daughter." i quickly added.

her eyes widened with the information. "come in." she opened the door so i could enter the house. it was way more beautiful from the inside. "i heard so much about you." she whispered.

"i'm sorry for coming so randomly here." she shook her head, smiling.

"i'm really happy that you're here, it's the perfect birthday gift!" she giggled. "he will be so happy to see you! come on, his in the backyard playing with astrid." she motioned so i could follow her. i didn't look around because of my nervousness, but for what i saw, the house was perfect, and it didn't look like they had a two years old living, because of how well organized it was. "hey, honey, there's someone here to see you." she said opening the backyard's sliding doors.

i suddenly froze on my spot, seeing him waiting for astrid because she was playing at her own playground. when his piercing blue eyes turned his attention to mine, he seemed like he froze too. "i'm gonna get astrid here." monica mumbled, stepping closer to pick her daughter and get inside, closing the door behind me.