thirty seven

WARNING: this chapter may trigger someone, it has some violence, so if you don't feel comfortable reading, you can skip a few parts.

___

time passed, one week to be precisely. david and a few of our friends went to lollapalooza and i stayed here in los angeles, since i had a lot of stuff to do. i only had two more weeks before my first presentation and i wanted to take all the time that i had to prepare a few things regarding my work. i also didn't buy my tickets so i had no choice but to stay home.

it was monday now and i'd just finished cleaning my apartment after work. david texted me yesterday saying that he would come over after finishing filming. i was crouched down, organizing my dresser of art supplies, feeling a little bit sad that i didn't have enough time to paint or draw anything.

then, someone knocked on my door. was it david? i looked at my phone, checking the time. it was not possible, he would only be able to come over in an hour or two. i frowned, getting up to answer it. i didn't look at the peephole, opening the door with a small smile on my face. i hoped that it was someone from my building or one of my friends, since the doorman didn't call to ask if i was waiting for someone. but i was wrong, really wrong. it was a man, a very tall man, wearing a white button up shirt and a black trousers, with very fancy shoes. when i looked at his face, i felt like i already saw that man somewhere. he looked so familiar, but i couldn't remember who he was. probably a new neighbor or something.

he had a terrifying smile playing on his lips, but i ignored it, clearing my throat. "hi, can i help you with something?" i asked. the man took a step forward, making me freak out a little. "i'm sorry, what are you doing?" i grabbed the door tightly, ready to close it.

"angela, right?" i only nodded, feeling like i could shit my pants in any minute. "i'm jeffrey smith," I gasped. "and we need to talk." he entered my apartment, basically shoving me inside to slam the door behind himself.

i was lost. i didn't know what to do or what to say. i opened and closed my mouth a millions times, but i was speechless. "that your mother was a piece of shit, i already knew, but i thought she was smarter and told you to stop looking for me!" i took a step back while he took one in my direction.

"you should leave, now!" i squeaked. i was terrified. what the fuck was happening? why was he at my place? why did he come looking for me?

"i said there was going to be consequences!" he growled. after a few steps, he was cornering me against the wall. "your mother was this stupid girl who was willing to do anything to get to the top." he gripped my neck, making me gasp with difficulty. "when i suggest fucking her to promotion, she didn't hesitate for a second." jeffrey laughed. "she was on her hands and knees in less than two minutes."

the tears were sliding down my face while i tried to get his hands away from me. "please..." i choked.

"i knew it was wrong to go raw, but i just couldn't hold myself." he leaned in, inhaling my scent. "two weeks later, the bitch came crawling inside my office to tell me she got pregnant," his voice trembled. "i felt like killing her!" this time, he screamed.

"i'm sorry, please..." his nails were digging my skin since he was chocking me with so much force. i felt dizzy, like my head was about to explode.

jeffrey only shook his head, now grabbing my wrists to stop me. he was way stronger than me. "i fired her a few weeks later after she gave birth, telling the bitch to not open her mouth to anyone or i would hurt her pretty bad." my feet weren't touching the ground now, he was pressing me against the wall. i couldn't fight back because he was holding my wrists, stopping me from trying to hurt him back. i tried to kick him, but i couldn't move my legs anymore... i just couldn't. it felt like my head was going to explode since there was no oxygen circulating in my brain, probably.