twenty one

i woke up with someone groaning underneath me, making me shot my eyes open. i remembered everything that happened after david arrived. i also remembered asking him to sleep with me. i blushed and looked up at him. he had his eyes closed, looking like he was in pain. "salem bit my fucking toe." he mumbled with his raspy voice and i smiled.

"it's probably late, she just wants to play." i said shifting on top of him. somehow, while sleeping, i managed to get on top of him, with my head buried in the curve of his neck with his hands resting on my waist. 

"she didn't have to bite me, but okay." he chuckled, opening his eyes. "hi." david said when he saw me staring.

"good morning?" i tilted my head to the side. "i'm so sorry for yesterday, really." i mumbled.

david smiled and brushed my hair behind my ear. "don't worry about it." i sighed, feeling his finger making small circles on my lower back. "do you want to talk about what happened?" 

"what do you mean?" i frowned, laying my head back on his chest.

"talk about your fight with matt, i mean." i bit my bottom lip.

"can we not talk about this today? i don't think i'm ready to tell you everything." i said twirling the blanket on my finger, playing with it.

"you can tell me when you feel ready then," he kissed the top of my head. "just know that i'm here if you need anything." i nodded. "what are you thinking about?" he asked after we stayed a couple of minutes in silence.

"about a daniel caesar's song." i told him the truth.

i really was. after what happened last night, the day david treated me, even though he didn't need, was coming back. he was so respectful and so amazing, god, i liked him so much, it was annoying. annoying how easily he made me blush, or how much me makes me swoon just by looking at him. and it made me happy. 

i leaned in, grabbing my phone to put a song to play on the speakers around the house. "i love to listen to his albums when i'm feeling happy." or when i feel over the moon because of someone. 

david hummed. "are you happy?" 

i laid back on him. "a little." i shrugged with difficulty because of my position. "too embarrassed to be only happy right now, if that makes sense." 

i got closer to him, singing in a whisper: "everywhere that i go, everywhere that i be if you are not surrounding me with your energy i don't wanna be there, don't wanna be anywhere, any place that i can't feel you," i could feel his cute grin, but i want to see it, so i turned his face gently by his chin. "i just wanna be near you." i looked at him in the eyes when i sang the last phrase. i really meant the words i sang, and hoped that he figured that out.

the song kept playing while we only shared an intense look, my thumb caressing his cheek lightly, while he had his arm wrapped around me tightly. "was that all for me?" he raised his eyebrows. 

i pecked his nose. "maybe." i checked the time on my phone. "it's only 10 am." i said locking it.

"really? we didn't get much sleep." david sat up, pushing me up with him. "do you want to get something to eat?" he suggested.

"it depends where." i smiled and looked at my phone again, scrolling through my texts. "shit." i mumbled.

carly: hey
you're still up for today right?

"what?" david asked looking up from his. 

"i forgot that carly and erin asked me to film a video with them." i quickly typed an answer for her, wanting to know what time we were filming.